Problems Using Automate to Batch Resize Images

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

This is potentially quite a basic question but I am fairly new to photoshop and am running into problems using the Automate function in Photoshop. 

I created an action to resize the image and have tested it to check it works on a single file but then when I try and change file size using the automate function I get a pop up saying image size is not available, save is not available, close is not available.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong ? Thank you in advance

(screen shots below)

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 10.18.10.pngScreenshot 2022-08-13 at 10.17.55.pngScreenshot 2022-08-13 at 10.18.10.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

There appears to be no open image so the various operations cannot be performed indeed. 

What exactly is in the Source Folder? 

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There appears to be no open image so the various operations cannot be performed indeed. 

What exactly is in the Source Folder? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! That's totally worked. I couldn't work out why it worked on an individual file but not the batch! Obviously you need to open them🤦🏼‍:female_sign: 

thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines