Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Photoshop CC 24.1 with Alt when cloning and healing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I updated to Photoshop CC24.1 recently and seem to be having problems using the clone stamp tool and the healing brush tools.  These tools require you to use the Alt key to select the area of your image you want to use as a source before cloning or healing.  Every time I push the Alt key the entire layer below moves and I cannot select anything to work from... I have tried searching online to see if others have had this problem and found this happened to someone in 2020  but the suggested fixes in 2020 do not seem to work in CC24.1.  Anyone else had this problem?  It also does not appear in the list of known problems ... is this a new problem or is there some magic setting I have missed?  As I use these tools constantly retouching and restoring images I have reverted to Phtooshop CC23.5.3.. Suggestions gratefully received - Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything works fine on my end, running 24.0.1 on Win 11. Have you tried with tool or even preference reset? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks I haven't tried resetting the tools as I reverted back to 23.5.3.  When I reverted to the earlier version 23.5.3 the clone or healing brush tools worked fine as they always have.  I have never had to reset the tools when upgrading... little nervious about upgrading again to 24 as I use these tools constantly - will try the upgrade again and a reset and let you know how I get on when I get chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to replicate the problem on Windows 10 running 24.0.1

You can reset the tool by selecting the Clone Stamp in the Tools panel and right-clicking the icon in the Options bar.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnaks Barbara - will try the reset - never had to do that before with an upgrade.... under 23.5.3 they work fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm thinking it has to do with the Clone Source settings.

If in photoshop you go to Window>Clone Source and check Clipped, does that make any difference?

Screenshot-(1038).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines