• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with scripting i Photoshop CC 2015.

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Photoshop CC 2014 to 2015 yesterday and immediately noted that my scripts don't work any more.

I use python for scripting and have built a UI for my script. The script has worked well with Photoshop 6, Photoshop CC, Photoshop CC 2014, but now it doesn't. I get error messages like "object has no attribute 'Preferences'". Many other attributes give error messages as well.

I had Photoshop 6 installed on my computer as well and I thought I could use that instead but the update seems to have deleted version 6 as well as the previous CC versions. Since I have a purchased version of Photoshop 6, it should not have been deleted since I am supposed to be able to continue using it as long as I want. I have a Photoshop 5 on my old computer and even that works without problems.

How can I reinstall version 6? Can I revert back to CC 2014?

Rolf

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can reinstall old versions with the CC application manager. While it has CS6, that's the subscription version. Sites like Prodesigntools.com have links for old versions of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I don't have any previous versions of Photoshop on my

computer. The folders for the previous versions exist, but they are empty.

The Creative cloud application does not show Photoshop under the previous

versions tab. Is it still possible to rollback version 2014?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, just install one of them as shown in my previous screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuck, do you know what happens to the perpetual license in this case when it gets converted to a CC activation?  I had one computer that I cancelled CC on and it would not allow my CS6 perpetual license to run at all, even after re-installing using the original DVD.  I had to work with Adobe support for a week to fix it.

I have another computer that had a CS6 perpetual license but it got swallowed up by the CC license as well. It does this automatically when CC is installed.  It just converts the installed CS6 perpetual license to a subscription without telling you or asking you.  I can't deactivate the original CS6 perpetual license.  It allows me to sign out from CS6 which also signs out from CC.  This is an old computer and I want to both sign out of CC AND deactivate CS6 license.  I don't want the CS6 license to be using one of it's 2 activations on a computer that isn't being used.

Basically, will the CS6 license still have 1 activation being used up because it doesn't allow me to deactivate this?  Last time around, I could not get a very clear answer to this when I talked to support.  They only have online chat support for perpetual licenses now. There is no phone support for perpetual licenses anymore which is a bit frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know that. I've also got a perpetual CS6 license, and I made sure I didn't remove all my old programs. Frankly, even though it's on my computer, it might have been converted to subscription also. Sounds like Adobe needs better license management in their software. I'm assuming that they think that if you subscribe, you won't be using CS6, so they didn't really bother writing code to make use your perpetual license stays perpetual. One of these days, I might run into this issue, but for now, I'm being very careful not to uninstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with CS6. Up to Photoshop CC 2014 both CS6 and CC

2014 were available. I have some older plugins which don't work on CC 2014

so I used CS6 for these. I want in other words to use both CS6 and CC 2014

versions of Photoshop. After I installed CC 2015 both my CS6 AND my CS6

plugins were erased.

If I now reinstall the CS6, will it disappear again when I manage to

rollback my Photoshop CC 2014?

I haven't been able to reinstall the CC 2014 because I can see just one

Photoshop icon in the CC control window. and with this I can only open

Photoshop. My CC window looks like this:

http://ankkurinet.org/Transfer/CC.jpg

As I understand it, there should be a Ps icon under the versions tab as

well with which I would be able to reinstall CC 2014. Are there any other

ways to reinstall CC 2014?

I have hundreds of images that I should process with my script but

currently I am unable to do it.

I can't see the idea behind disabling my perpetual CS6 licence which I

have paid for. Why this change of policy now?

I found out that the Ps CC 2015 COM interface does not export all Com

objects, just a small subset. In all previous Ps versions from CS6 to CC

2014 my python scripts have worked without any problems.

My script is a fairly complicated one with a graphical interface so I am

very reluctant to rewrite it in JS or Visual Basic.

I hope a working solution to my problem can be found.

On 21 June 2015 at 18:26, Silver Back Gorilla <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can reinstall CS6 and CC2015. I just did that, as I too needed to use CS6 scriptlistener to write a script I need. I uninstalled all my PS apps on my second laptop. I installed CS6 first, then 2015. I did have a hard time finding 2015, after I had uninstalled it, but it was there if you close find previous apps and then select find all apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that you will need to contact Adobe support.  I had a similar issue when I discontinued my CC license a while back.  My CS6 stopped working because the CC  had converted my activated perpetual CS6 license to a subscription without asking me to.  It took several re-installations and hours of oversees tech support to get it working.  It was a major pain.  If I remember correctly, the tech support person had to login and run a special program to release the "subscription" from CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to using previous versions, if you have the CS6 license key, you can just download the trial image and enter license key

Download Creative Suite 6 applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rolf,

it's unrelated to your original question I know, but how do you use Python for scripting PS? Sounds interesting - do you use it just for building a UI, interacting with the OS, or PS?

Thank you!

Davide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Davide,

Python is the programming language I am most familiar with. The UI is for

me just an extra bonus. I write all my script for PS in Python. You can

google for python and photoshop to find more information.

I am currently totally lost because I can't write scripts for Ps 2015 in

Python. I haven't given up hope yet, however. I hope I will find a way to

use Python with PS. If I succeed, I will post the solution to this thread.

Rolf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines