Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Process particular file type from mixed files to jpg

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a photographer and have a huge bank of images, usually filed in external hard disks, containing client folders with sub folders of .psd, .tiff, raw or jpgs.

I am looking at an action / conditional action or a script to apply to only folders or files with .psd or .tiff files and to save in the same folder order.

For example, when I run a script to a Hard disk or a Main folder, I can save as Jpegs and keep the same folder structure.

But this only works on all the files.

I would like to run an action / conditional action or script to an entire hard disk, and have jpgs created of only the .psd, .psb. or .tiff or on images of size more than 5mb, but yet keep the same folder structure.

I am trying to create a bank of my finished files in Hi res quality JPG so I can upload to the cloud so as to have a permanent backup.

I have 50 1TB hard disks and it is not possible to go thru each and take out only particular file formats.

Any help or a script will be appreciated.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

look for Paul Riggott picture processor. Unfortunately I no longer see his website scriptsrus on the web.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Site Closed: www.ps-bridge-scripts.talktalk.net

EDIT (Pierre Courtejoie): Paul's scripts are now hosted here: PS-Scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest a combination of Adobe Bridge to filter by file type and subfolders and Image Processor Pro to output the Bridge filtered file types.

find.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stephen,

But would I be able to save as per folder structure.

What I need done is basically the following.

Convert all files of type TIFF, PSD in a particular hard disk to jpgs, and keep the folder structure as per the hard disk.

These are different photo shoots which I would like archived for easy back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge can also find based on file size.

Image Processor Pro has very flexible output options for files/folders, however without an explicit explanation of your folder structure it is hard to know. Install it and see for yourself.

P.S. SuperMerlin is of course correct, there is only so far that out of the box tools will take you, even if they are highly configurable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a script will be needed as the goal are:

"I would like to run an action / conditional action or script to an entire hard disk, and have jpgs created of only the .psd, .psb. or .tiff or on images of size more than 5mb"

Only a script will be able to get the filesize

Only a script will be able to find the size of the disk and the free space

Only a script will be able to check the size of the psb files to see if they want to resized as psb files can exceed a jpg specs.

In my opinion you need a custom script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Paul's scripts are now hosted here: https://github.com/Paul-Riggott/PS-Scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines