Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Processing in Tiles necessary?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the photoshop documentation says that you should process the whole image in tiles using the prefered tile size given in filterRecord.
Thats fine for separate pixel processing, e.g. color correction.
But what is when I need a lot of neigbor-pixel for my filtering?

Especially in the theoretical worst case where each out-pixel is the weighted sum of _all_ in-pixel?

is it only a matter of memory allocation or will I have problems processing (very) large images?

Thomas
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2007 Jun 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's kind of the same thing isn't it. You should strive to get the <br />smallest footprint for your processing as possible.<br /><br /><br /><ThomasTh@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bc443a5.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Hi,<br />><br />> the photoshop documentation says that you should process the whole image <br />> in tiles using the prefered tile size given in filterRecord.<br />> Thats fine for separate pixel processing, e.g. color correction.<br />> But what is when I need a lot of neigbor-pixel for my filtering?<br />><br />> Especially in the theoretical worst case where each out-pixel is the <br />> weighted sum of _all_ in-pixel?<br />><br />> is it only a matter of memory allocation or will I have problems <br />> processing (very) large images?<br />><br />> Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2007 Jul 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sample code that comes with the Filter SDK uses tiles in its examples, but it isn't necessary. Just set your inRect and outRect to the full filterRect size (or use imageSize.h and imageSize.v to find the image size). All of those are members of the filterRecord structure.

-John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(John_Hart)  wrote

The sample code that comes with the Filter SDK uses tiles in its examples, but it isn't necessary. Just set your inRect and outRect to the full filterRect size (or use imageSize.h and imageSize.v to find the image size). All of those are members of the filterRecord structure.

-John

John,

Is there a place, besides the h file, which explains the concept of all those Rect?
I try answering this:

Enable Selection and Mask Support for a Plug In

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines