• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2019 - Transparency display corruption?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Photoshop's own tutorial image, I've noticed there is a transparency corruption issue.

iMac 27in, Late 2105

Retina Display 5K

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Photoshop 20.0

This is how the image with several layers with transparency appears in PS 2019:

PS 2019.jpg

This is how the same image appears in PS CS6 (correct):

PS CS6.jpg

I'm not sure if there is a setting which is creating this issue, a bug, or...?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Hi Mike,

I believe those are artifacts which might be occurring due to a problem with the Graphic drivers, could you please check if you're using the most recent graphics drivers? If not, could you try updating the graphic card drivers from the manufacturer's website?

Also, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

GPU troubleshoot Photoshop - https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I believe those are artifacts which might be occurring due to a problem with the Graphic drivers, could you please check if you're using the most recent graphics drivers? If not, could you try updating the graphic card drivers from the manufacturer's website?

Also, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

GPU troubleshoot Photoshop - https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sahil,

Thanks for the quick response. iMacs afaik roll all their graphics drivers updates into their general OS updates. And I have the latest update pre-Mojave.

I tried deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" and restarting PS, but it didn't fix the corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines