• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2020 is lagging/freezing LOADS and other gripes

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded PS 2020 without realising (I just thought it was a bug fix update via CC) and wish I hadn't. 

I work on very large images with many layers with a Wacom and need it to be responsive. I work all day every day of the week in PS on Wacom on my Win10pro laptop with i7 7700 (delidded @4.20), 64gb RAM, GTX1080, PCIe SSDs, 30" Dell (DP) and have noticed numerous lagging/hangs since updating to 2020. I let PS access about 70% of my 64GB RAM (and yes I have tried restarting PS but still occurs).

It has happened whilst painting with the brush tool on quite a few occasions. PS essentially freezes for 5-10 seconds then 'catches up' and slaps all the brush strokes down in a second. During this hang, I can move cursor around but the cursor icon doesn't change when rolling over things, and I cannot select anything or access any menus. PS is totally unresponsive during this time. Other apps on my machine work fine during this time so it is defintely PS. This lag has happened when using other tools too. Only since 2020 update. 

Why oh why are there always so many bugs when a new version is released? Do you guys QA *at all*? I work in the film industry and this kind of 'seemingly untested' product release is not fair on us who rely on consistent performance and stability with quick turnaround times and deadlines. We're not your QA guinypigs. 

I've also noticed a constant lag (with skipping cursor) when using the liquify tool, which worked fine before 2020.

Also custom keybindings for brush size do not work in Liquify and the defaults must be used...this has always existed as far as I'm aware. Again, poor QA. It's a simple test for a popular tool.

Another gripe I've had since the previous horrid release (2019) - Is that when transforming, the cursor now deactivates the transform function if clicked a short distance away from the transform box!! It should remain as a rotate cursor no matter how far from the tranformation box! This is infuriating and a gripe shared by my industry peers. Why did it change? It makes no sense and doesn't allow for fine-tuning the angle position from a greater distance. 

Lastly, what is with the colour picking sticking upon first click? It sticks, then stays on the same colour until the cursor is moved drastically away? There is no options to change this that I can find so I assume it is a bug. It happens when using a mouse too, so not linked to Wacom or Ink.

I really need this lag fixed though. Is it possible to revert to 2019 if using CC to update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I had to back off (go back to 2019). It seems every other version update breaks on this software. 

I'm on ryzen 8, 128 gigs of 4300, gtx 1080ti, 1tb of scratch sdd disk and I can't draw a shape without waiting. 
I've cleared the preferences, tuned performance, updated cards and it still sucks, laggy and unusable. 
I'm so glad I'm moving new client projects to other software, I count the days till I can cancel the garbage pile of Adobe cloud.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to say that I agree but sadly I do. I have always had a lot of love
for Adobe. But with this many issues and crashes and with such low level of
usability I am finally beginning to look at other software as well. What
are you using?

Thanks,
-Ivan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since they refuse to rewrite and optimize their software I've been using, since 1997. 
Black magic fusion and resolve to replace after effects and premiere. 
Fusion can actually import 3d without expensive plugins, unlike AE. 

Resolve's new editing along with all those grading tools is faster and better than premiere. 

Affinity photo and designer, to replace photoshop and Illustrator, it's extremely fast and cheap

Sketch for xd
open toons and toon boom to replace animate. When adobe bought out flash everyone thought they would fix all the buggy tools and timeline trash UX. 15 years later and it's still a POS. 

Adobe web tools, I think they've lost that battle years ago forcing people to their cloud storage and never unbloating dreamweaver. Along with the fact, no IT security in their right mind would allow cloud stuff to run their site.  
So bootstap studio, and other web dev design tools I'll use. 

Now that they own substance I held back on buying it and use Armor paint, zbrush, meshmixer and blender for 3d painting. 

So for a couple of hundred dollars, I've completely replaced them. I just have got some big legacy clients to get through. For video stuff I've been exporting out XML files to handle edits, and my main time suck is redoing all the motion graphic in fusion and blender. I'm hoping buy this time next year to cut the Adobe cord

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALL THE SAME STUPID PROBLEMS HERE TOO!

UNBELEAVABLE! SO AGGRAVATING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing brush smoothing (menu bar when you have brush selected). I reduced it to 30% and it works much better now; no lag!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the problem and wait for the update. In the meantime keep CC19 on the system too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have so far only noticed the issue with Liquify - the cursor moves fine in the palettes in the right-hand side, but as soon as the cursor moves on to the liquify canvas it skips around the image and lags/freezes to the point of being unusabel. I have Downgraded to 21.0.0 and the issue is not there in that version. I use a Razer Core X eGPU with an MSI Radeon RX Vega 56. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regret the cahnge also as i am having the very same complaints and it kills my workflow and productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here.

8 months ago, just before being having to leave my job because of mandatory military service, I used photoshop 2019 and it was very smooth and fast. Now I am back in my job and there are only 2020/21 versions available in creative cloud with which takes me about 2 hours to do the same jobs I used to finish in 40 min in 2019 version. Now I feel like doing this jobs under this circumtances hss no future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines