Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 24 - Legacy Export As window not showing

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Even thought I read all the issues with the export as function (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/restore-old-png-8-export-transparency-funct...), today I updated my PS 23.x to the last PS 24 and tried to export an 8 bit PNG using the Leagcy Export As (checked in preferences). The export window never promped... Only the "normal" Export As is working but it is basically useless for me as the transparency is now borked...

Is it only me ?

Rds,

Spec:

Win10 - 5900X - RTX3070 - 64GB RAM - NVME & SSD scratch disks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Just double-checked on my end and Legacy Export As is still working in Photoshop 24 on my Windows 10 machine. It doesn't look like you're on a ARM processor, so the functionality should still be there. When you attempt to use Export As, the dialog simiply doesn't show up? A few things to check: 

1. Go to Help > System Info, scroll all the way to the bottom, and you should see Export As listed as one of the last things in the "Extensions" section. Let me know if its not there.
  2.  Try resetting the CE

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just double-checked on my end and Legacy Export As is still working in Photoshop 24 on my Windows 10 machine. It doesn't look like you're on a ARM processor, so the functionality should still be there. When you attempt to use Export As, the dialog simiply doesn't show up? A few things to check: 

1. Go to Help > System Info, scroll all the way to the bottom, and you should see Export As listed as one of the last things in the "Extensions" section. Let me know if its not there.
  2.  Try resetting the CEP Export As preferences: close Photoshop, go to "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Adobe Photoshop 2023 Settings", delete "export-as-settings.json", and retry Export As

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brett,

Thanks a lot for your help, I reinstalled the last version and this time the legacy export dialog showed. Only difference from last time is that I rebooted my computer after the install. The system info shows that the extension was indeed properly loaded.

Rds,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines