• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 25 - Firefly limited to 2000 x 2000 pixels?

LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading the FAQs for Firefly/AI, it says that support is up to 2000 x 2000 pixels ("standard images".) I did not use the beta releases, does this mean that larger images (oh, say, from ANY current digital camera) cannot be used with AI features?

I have a 5D IV with >7x and a 5Dsr with >12x that resolution. Am I missing something here?

https://helpx.adobe.com/firefly/using/generative-credits-faq.html

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... does this mean that larger images (oh, say, from ANY current digital camera) cannot be used with AI features?

By @Lumigraphics

No. You can use also larger images with the Generative Fill feature, but the area for inserting AI content in a good qualitiy is limited to 2000 x 2000 pixel. If the area is larger the inserted content will be scaled up and the quality gets worse.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering that generative fill is processed online on Adobe's servers, not on your local machine, I would assume this is a practical speed/performance limitation.

And, if I may add, it encourages a certain sobriety of use. I tried it two or three times when 25.0 came out (never installed the beta) - and I was immediately hit by the feeling that it wasn't my image anymore. It just wasn't something I wanted to put my name to. It certainly didn't feel very "creative"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quotedoes this mean that larger images (oh, say, from ANY current digital camera) cannot be used with AI features?

Generated parts or images are still of low resolution and not really usable for professional stuff it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quotedoes this mean that larger images (oh, say, from ANY current digital camera) cannot be used with AI features?

By @AKS666

No. As I wrote in my former post you can use any high-resolution image as a basis for editing with AI. But there area that you marked, for example to fill with AI, can't be larger as 2000 x 2000 pixel. Otherwise the quality in this area is lower than the rest of the picture.

See this Youtube video: Photoshop 2024 is HERE. All New Features - YouTube (at 3:30 you see the appropriate infos)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But generating a completely new image from the scratch in printable quality is still not possible.

And always having to watch the 2000x2000px limitation while working is not very good either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AKS666 generating a new image completely from scratch would be better served using Firefly.
https://www.adobe.com/sensei/generative-ai/firefly.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which has lower resolution than 2000x2000...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefly is still 2000x2000. Basically at this time, anything Firefly/Gen AI has this size limitation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/firefly/technical-requirements.htmlImages can be downloaded from Adobe Firefly web app in the following formats: JPEG and PNG from the Text Effects and Text to Image features and SVG from the Generative Recolor feature and can have a maximum resolution of 2k X 2k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Square format is 1024 x 1024

16:9  is 1792 x 1024

I think Firefly needs an update... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Current 16:9 is 2688 x 1536px

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines