Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC does not start, missing DLL

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden my PS CC refuses to start,

I'm on WIndows 7 Ultimate x64. Latest Photoshop CC app, recently updated via Adobe Create cloud desktop app.

2018-08-20_1914.png

Initially stated missing "winml.dll". I asked my friend to send me one. he found it on his Windows 10 (not on his Windows 7 Ultimate !!!) laptop.

Now my PS CC complains about "api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll". I have a feeling that if I happen to find that one it will require something else.

It is possible that it looks for the full content of some missing Vsiual C++ Redistributable package named vcredist_x64.exe, or maybe vc_redistx64.exe, or whatever similar name, but I can't find any of those either.

I have 2,000 images to process before the upcoming weekend, please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I was almost buying a windows 10 to solve this problem.

SOLVED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never respond to these things... but what a life-saver solution.  Big thanks to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, just tried to install the "missing" Dll file this morning, didn't work. Tried the camera raw, worked like a charm! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOUUUU! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also troubled by photshop api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0, thank you for solving my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auch vielen Dank von mir.

Version 12.4 installiert und es ist alles wieder gut.

Ich bin erleichtert.

Viele Grüße from Germany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the guides provided. Poor show from Adobe, I wonder if it was just a poorly tested release or they actually think everyone has moved on from Win7 already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED !!! See post from mason5DE3 above!

MAJOR mess up from Adobe: the latest version of Camera Raw, which also applies to older versions of Photoshop, was recently switched to being compiled for Windows 10+ only. This means that in spite of Adobe being careful not to replace old versions of Photoshop on Win7 with the latest version (which requires Win10 minimum), so as to NOT break their legacy users, this single plugin broke them all anyway.

As mentioned above, THE FIX is to downgrade (or uninstall) CameraRaw. Version 12.4 works with Win7 and fixes My both of the breakages I was experiencing with Photoshop 2020 and 2018 -- Link is here, get it while you still can. https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/win/12.x/CameraRaw_12_4.exe

ADOBE, Please TAKE NOTE: Many users either *CANNOT* or simply DO NOT WISH TO upgrade to Win10.

This broke software we paid for. NOT OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DITTO TO ALL OF THE ABOVE!  Not a hint as to what was wrong! 

Thanks to everyone for the all the comments and  professional help.  Bad form on Adobe's part.

AW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines