• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC just closes whle trying to record a new action.

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While trying to record an action, PS just closes and goes back to desktop.  I'm using Windows 11 home on a brand new computer with plenty of space and everything updated.   It let me record one action and execute it once.  When I went to record another, it closed.  Now, each time I go to record an action it closes about half way through, not always at the same point.  Any ideas?  Am I missing something obvious?  I haven't worked in PS in quite some time.  TIA! 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem on my side running Ps 24.1.1 on Windows 11. Try with preference reset https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

If that does not help copy then paste here content of Help > File Info and record video of entire process if you can then upload here or anywhere else and post link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Stacy28160805ydb0 as @Bojan Živković  said, we need to see your sysinfo to start to see what might be happening. As a FYI...

Engineering has identified a problem with this specific driver version. 

Vendor name: NVIDIA
Driver date: 2022-12-22 000000.000000-000
Driver age: 1 month
Driver version: 31.0.15.2802

Try rolling back from the latest drivers to the November release: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/194380/en-us/

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Stacy28160805ydb0 can you give us the steps in the action? Is it Ps 24.1.1? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the responses.  That is the NVidia driver I have installed.   I will try rolling back. 

I am running PS 24.1.1 on a i7 13700kf,  16 core processor with 32g of ram.  Sadly, I can't remember the exact steps of the action I was trying to run, but I was following a PS tutorial from last year.  So, it was something that should have worked, I would think.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines