• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Clone Stamp Issue - Will Not Clone Accurately

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am using Photoshop 22.5.6 on Mojave 10.14.6. Clone Stamp has been working fine until a few hours ago. It will not copy exact. Clone is much lighter. I have reset Clone Stamp and rebooted PS but no improvement. I am working on correct layer. Nothing I have tried fixes issue. Issue began happening right in middle of project. I am working on layer 4 of image. I have noticed that PS keeps reverting to base/background layer. If I look at History, then go back to Layers, Background Layer is now selected.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things:

Make sure your Clone tool is painting at 100% opacity

or

Do you have any adjustment layers on any of the affected layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Brad. Thanks for replying.

Am a longtime user. Yes on the 100% opacity. I tried everything that I know of. Worked directly on the image layer which is at 100% also. All layers above are off and the Sample on Current Layer is selected. I also tried merging all layers and worked on that one. Same thing happened. I also tried cloning in many different locations on the image. I am dead in the water without that Clone Stamp. Was in the middle of getting an image ready to publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the blend mode of the clone stamp set to normal? Can you post a screen shot showing your settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 11.18.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 11.25.34 AM.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything looks right.

Is it only happening with this particular document? Does the same thng happen in any other?

Last chance suggestion: To the right of your "Current Layer" is the toggle switch to ignore adjustment layers. Yours is off. Does it make a difference to turn it on? (I know it shouldn't, since you've already turned off the adjustment layers and changed the focus to Current Layer)

Might have to try a full preference reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brad,

From what I see, when "Current Layer" is selected, the toggle switch to ignore adjustment layers is grayed out. It only becomes an option if I select "Current & Below" or "All Layers."

I am working on a new image to see if I run into the issue again. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines