• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CS6 does not open DNG converted RAW files anymore

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My macbookPro/OS 10.13.6 - allowed me access to process on my PS CS6/13.0 x64 till some months ago, my DNG converted (Adobe DNG Conv. 11.4.1.291) RWL (RAW Leica files) but does not open them anymore. Am I doing something wrong? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Compatibility set to in preferences?

For CS6 you should use Camera Raw 7.1 and later.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was set to 11.1 and later but guess what. When I retried to Open the files they opened. I don't know what had happened.

I had converted on the same 11.1 setting.

Would you know what might have happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what happened, but on this page https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/adobe-dng-converter.html it says

Camera Raw 11.2 and later: The DNG file will be readable by Camera Raw 11.2(Photoshop 20) and later, and Lightroom 8.2 and later. The DNG file will often be readable by earlier versions, depending on the camera model.

So you could probably keep using 11.2, but I'm not sure if it offers any advantages over 7.1 – the editing tools in CS6 are what they are. Hopefully, you have the latest version of Camera Raw compatible with CS6 – version 9.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2024 Aug 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your responses PB. 

Here are a few more thoughts on my topic to share:

1. Is it better to use the Graphics Processor (in PS CS6) on Advance, Normal or Basic settings. (Other than interface and such stuff, I have not changed PS settings in my use.)

2. I have always used the Adobe DNG Convereter at 11.2 to convert the Leica RWL files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2024 Aug 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it better to use the Graphics Processor (in PS CS6) on Advance, Normal or Basic settings.

By @hSingh

Whatever works.

The question will sooner or later be moot. Photoshop CS6's graphics code used the old OpenGL APIs.

OpenGL is now unsupported and deprecated in both Windows and MacOS, being replaced by the OS-native DirectX on Windows and Metal on Mac. Photoshop's graphics code has been in the process of migrating for many years, and while it's a big undertaking not yet quite finished - OpenGL is on the way out. It still works, but it won't forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2024 Sep 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone for replying to my post. Although, the problem had corrected itself, the inputs here are all useful and add to my self learning of PS and digital cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines