• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ps CS6 installation of only 64 bit ver. by Creative Cloud App

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Creative Suite times we could distinguish 64 bit from 32 bit version of Photoshop during installation. This way we could install either both of them, or only 64 bit v. There was no option to uninstall 32 bit version to keep 64 bit one. If we did not install 64 bit version in no time, then we had to uninstall both to install 64 bit only.

Now by Creative Cloud application when I install Photoshop CS6 Extended it automatically install 32 and 64 bit versions.

How to do it installed 64 bit version only?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still download the CS6 installer by itself and try to install 64 bit only if you still have a serial number.

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Totally uninstall CS6 and do not use the CC app.

1. Run the Photoshop CS6 installer.
  2. Enter your serial number. Click Accept.
  3. On the right side of the Options panel under the 64-bit heading, deselect the option for Photoshop CS6. Leave the "Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64-bit)" option selected.
  4. Finish the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answer, but when you read my post once again you will see I am aware of it. I mean that I can install 64 bit version using Creative Suite account. That I asked was how to do the same by the Creative Cloud Application. Or at least how to (do that was not possible with CS, so) uninstall 32 bit only when both versions are already installed by CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem when I checked was that CS6 would install directly using the CC app with no choice to select 64 bit only. You would get the 32 and 64 bit versions and no way to uninstall the 32 bit one. If there is, I have not seen it anywhere in these forums.

You could try Creative Cloud Download & Install and see if someone there knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created the same topic on indicated forum: Ps CS6 installation of only 64 bit ver. by Creative Cloud App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can tell you. Good luck.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to install the 64 bit version of CS6 through the Creative Cloud application. Correct? And when you do so, It installs the 32 and 64 bit versions, but you only want the 64 bit version installed. Correct? After a bit of research, it seems that you can't ever differentiate them in the current model of the Creative Cloud because it no longer supports 32 bit versions of Photoshop on either Mac or PC. So the ability to differentiate is missing it seems. You would be better off to just install the CS6 version on its own, leaving out the Creative Cloud application in order to get what you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are correct. But if there really is no way to install 64 bit version only maybe there is some 'hack' to install both of them and uninstall 32 version? If there is not, then that's good reason CC app team allowed us to differentiate which version we would like to install.

Regarding the tip, so installation of CS6 not by CC app, if I do it can it be later recognised by CC app as its own application in order to update it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will not be any updates to CS6 as it is no longer supported by Adobe at all. So no need to worry about updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This time you are not correct Install CS6 by CC app, and you will see it prompts you then to update it from 13.0.0 to 13.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. They did do a few security updates to it, but other than that, it is no longer supported for new or improved features as of some time in late 2017. The main reason is they are not developing it for any newer operating systems. It won't run on some of the newer ones already.

photoshop cs6 end of life

Adobe Just Stopped Selling Creative Suite 6 Entirely - Here's Why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both old CS6 and CS6 Extended (by CC app) work well with latest update of Windows 10. Basicly CS6 Extended provided with CC app is the first released version one may want to (should) update to latest version.

Basically I don't need any of later / newest CC features, just CS6 installed & updated from CC app, but without 32 bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I'm at a loss to help you hear. Seems you are wanting to use outdated, unsupported software and want it to do something that it can no longer do because of it being outdated. Goo luck on your quest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open CC app you have 8 releases of Photoshop, the first is CS6 and latest CC 2019. I know CS6 like CC 2018 and all that are between are not supported, but that is no matter. It works very well and satisfy my expectations.

I don't know what you mean saying I want to do with it something that it can't be longer used for? However that is outdated it's avilable by CC app, so the only I wanted to get to know is whether there's chance to install 64 bit version singly.

And the reason why I want specifically to use CS6 is that it's only one version that never disappointed me.

The newer doesn't mean better in this case Anyway thank You for your help and time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't they come up separately in Windows Programs and Features? Can't you uninstall the 32 bit version from there? I don't see any reason this has to be uninstalled by the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installation of CS6 by CC app I have Photoshop in "Program Files (x86)" and "Program Files" (so accordingly 32 and 64 versions). When I try to uninstall 32 ver. it uninstalls both of them, so the same if I installed them by Creative Suite. The only difference is that by CS you had choise what exactly you want to install while by CC application it installs all suite by default.

In 'Program and Features' there's only one item. There are separate ones in 'Start' menu panel, but it directs you to CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then, just leave it. Why is it so important to remove it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally formated computer, installed just bought Windows 10 and wanted to keep order. Another reason is I use every day ExtendScript ToolKit where I work with different versions of Ps and Br writing scripts. Avoiding those 2 items on dropdown list I extend hundred times for Photoshop and Bridge CS6 32 bit vers. would make things much easier and less annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines