• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS logo on thumbnails

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a new Win 11 computer.  I see all the thumbnails but unfortunatley with this system I can't tell which is which.  There is no PS logo on the thumbnails.  Therefore, I wind up opening a file in PS that I thought was a jpg.  This is a problem as I have multiple similar images saved in several formats and I don't always want to open a PS file.  Is there any way to get that PS back on the thumbnail so I can tell the difference between PS, JPEG etc? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about the change with Windows 11, but I'd recommend showing file extensions. It's one of the first things I do on any Mac or PC because you can see what kind of file you're working with by just looking at the file extension. I often have files with the same name but different extensions (like file.psd and file.png) in the same folder. Without see file extensions that would get confusing!

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. Why hidden file extensions is the default is hard to understand. That's working blindfolded and just complicates everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. How do I do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how it looks in Windows 10. Don't know about 11:

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good link overall, Ged, but clicking "Apply" before "OK" is a colossal time waster! Both buttons perform the action — the only difference is that one closes the dialog and the other keeps it open.

"Then, click on the ‘Apply’ button to apply the changes and click ‘OK’ to close the ‘Folder Options’ window."

janee_0-1648568162239.png

#petpeeve 

😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but clicking "Apply" before "OK" is a colossal time waster"

It sure is Jane, some of my IT co-workers aren't even aware of this 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so now I see the thumbnail as a PS blue box but I can't see the photo.  That means I am not sure what the particular image is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows doesn't support thumbnail previews for PSD's, you'll either need to use Adobe Bridge or another viewer like https://www.faststone.org/

Or you can install this https://poppeman.se/pictus/

During installation make sure to select PSD from the list

2022-03-29 17_11_49-PS logo on thumbnails - Adobe Support Community - 12843621 — Mozilla Firefox.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and it's been that way since at least Photoshop 7.0, which was released in, oh, 1879. So that's nothing new.

I've been recommending Bridge, but lately I think it's become slower and slower and taking forever reloading thumbnails - even if the Bridge cache has its own dedicated folder on a fast NVMe drive. I'm beginning to look for alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse 

I use FastStone Image Viewer, been using it for years now and it's pretty good, it loads images really fast, it also has colour management which can be enabled in the settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I think I'll look into that. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok now as I said I see the blue PSD thumbnail and no image.  I am trying to go back but no matter what I do I can't get it to show as it did before.  Why can't they just make this work?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines