Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS transparent background

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

English is my second language and hope you understand me!

Well, I have downloaded a picture from Shutterstock of waterdrops. The picture they show me is with a transparent background (checkered, White and Grey). I downloaded it in JPEG and Vector in hope that the checkered background wasent there. Well, it is. Normally its not a problem since I Can cut it out, but since its waterdrops you Can see the checkered background in them. What Can I do? The file is EPS and I have tried to open it in Photoshop and InDesign.

Heeeelp!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jpeg file format like a Photoshop background layer does not support transparency. Esp file are vector files that really are not supported by Photoshop.  However, Photoshop can import eps files into Photoshop as a raster layer.  I have seen may imported with transparency.  The layer though I believe does not have a layer mask or vector layer mask the layer just has  empty pixels arease and pixels with lower that 100% opacity. The are also not Paths.  On the other hand while jpeg file format does not support transparency it does support path so a Jpeg opened in Photoshop may have vector path which will be seen in Photoshop Path palette.

Some File image formats are not fully supported by Photoshop. However, Photoshop may ba able to import raster image using the file as input. Like PDF, SVG etc.  Web browsere cans display SVG so whey wouldnt Photoshop be able toe do the same.  If you Place a svg files is as smart object layers photoshop will treat the SVG file object as vector smart objevt layer.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you downloaded file as jpg and the checkerboard pattern still appeared, it is part of the displayed image, not an indicator of transparency. This might have been done to limit copying.                                                                                     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your image in Photoshop, with your layers panel?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

katarinah10639434  wrote

I downloaded it in JPEG and Vector in hope that the checkered background wasent there.

I do not know exactly what you have done. Jpeg will never have Transparency.  However, they can have Vector Paths.  Which may enable you to create the transparency you want using Photoshop. By converting the Jpeg background layer to a normal layer and using the vector paths to create the transparency you desire.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the only downloadable option from Shutterstock was a jpeg, then it will never be transparent. If it gave an option of .eps or .svg, that would be the best. You can open an .eps or an .svg file in Photoshop. There will be a dialog box allowing you to choose the dpi (they will usually be at 72 dpi).

But some of the jpegs on SS are raster versions of Illustrator (vector) files. You might want to look into whether this file is one of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be best it you gave us the link to what you downloaded so will can see what you have.  There may be vector path in the Jpeg file there may not be any paths,  The is no transparenct in a Jpegs image its background layer .

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines