Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS won't open existing fiiles

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am having problems opening files. I have the latest version and have reinstalled it too. I have reset preferences.

PS opens fine to the "Your Files" area. I CAN create a new document but I cannot open any documents. I have tried .jpf .tiff .arw and none of these work. When I select "Open", the open/browse window opens and then it appears to be doing something in the background. A dialog box does open up but so briefly I cannot see what it says. Then nothing happens. If I click anywhere in the open window I get the bing noise which I can bypass with esc but then I have canceled opening a file.

I'm now out of ideas and now cannot use PS which is very frustrating. Any help is welcome.

Thhanks

Paul

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've also noticed this bug in addition to the many others added in the latest Photoshop update. So far the work around I've found is just closing and opening Photoshop until the files decide to open from the home screen again. I haven't spent much time poking at this bug to reliably replicate it but it's definitely happened to me twice this morning before 10am and has been happening since the v24.2 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines