• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about the new way shapes presets are saved in Ps V. 21

Participant ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to see that we can now edit our custom shape presets without having to manually save the amended groups in the preset manager!  I've done a lot of experimenting and written down notes on how the new custom shapes setup functions, but I still have have some questions.

Where are changes to groups being recorded?  The program folder Adobe Photoshop 2020\Presets\Custom Shapes still exists, but once a CSH file is imported to it, it is never updated and changes made to the group are apparently being saved elsewhere.

If I accidentally hit Restore Default Shapes, will the entire library be rolled back to where it was when I upgraded to V. 21?  I have distributed the shapes that shipped with the update to my custom groups and deleted the remainder.  Would I lose all this work?

What is the maximum number of bytes that can be saved to Custom Shapes?  When I was importing shapes today, the message came up:  Could not load all the shapes because the maximum number of shapes have been loaded. 

Unfortunately for custom brush presets, Adobe eliminated the Preset Manager for brushes without programming in an automatic save for newly created groups and for changes made to existing groups.  In v. 21, if you invoke the Delete Group command to remove a group from the open brush groups list, changes to that group won't stick and, if it's a newly created group, it will well and truly disappear into the ether.   I assume that Adobe intends to very soon release an updated panel for Brushes that will autosave changes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update to my post. . . . Adobe is now, indeed, autosaving new preset groups and changes to them, so they aren't lost when you delete a group in order to free up space in the panel.  It makes me a little antsy, though, that changes are no longer saved in the Presets folder, where I can see them and Carbonite will automatically save a copy of them.  Therefore I've begun exporting any changed groups to a folder which will serve as a backup, just in case either the program or I accidentally make something vanish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines