• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

quick eyedropper missing with some tools

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it's a bug, but quick eyedropper tool (hold alt) works only with the brush tool now. Is there a new setting that affect that?

I've noticed it after reinstalling windows.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023
Hi
After I restored the preferences, the eyedropper started to work with the gradient tool, but that's the only difference. It still doesn't work with the other tools. After I got back to my custom settings, the eyedropper continued working with the gradient tool. Which is good but it doesn't solve the problem completely.

The version of the photoshop is the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Emre279604196k0y sorry to hear this.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running the latest version of Photoshop? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-24-1-1-is-now-available/td-...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
After I restored the preferences, the eyedropper started to work with the gradient tool, but that's the only difference. It still doesn't work with the other tools. After I got back to my custom settings, the eyedropper continued working with the gradient tool. Which is good but it doesn't solve the problem completely.

The version of the photoshop is the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried to press and hold down letter I on your keyboard as quick workaround.

I can not reproduce problem on Windows running 24.1.1 Photoshop. There aren't many tools which will allow you to sample color using Alt because Alt will activate Subtract from selection when using selection tools like Lasso tool, for example. When using Clone Stamp Alt will define sampling point, When using the Move tool it will allow you to duplicate while dragging when Alt is pressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines