• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Mask: How To I Get Rid of It?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I opened an important .psd file and on the right side of the Title Bar, inside the parenthesis which normally says, after the filename, something like (RGB/8), it now says (Quick Mask/8)

Here's an image of the Title Bar with the "Quick Mask" indication: (CHURCH SUPPER is the name of a layer)

QUICK MASK WEBSITE.jpg

Here's an image of the Title Bar of a file the way it usually appears, without the "Quick Mask" indication:

QUICK MASK TITLE BURLAP.jpg

This Quick Mask problem makes the file impossible to work with in the ways I normally work with it. For example, it is now impossible to import a .jpg or other image file into the WEBSITE WORKING.PSD file.

What's going on here, and how do I get my file back without the Quick Mask? As you may guess from the file's name, it is extremely important to me, and this Quick Mask problem makes the file unworkable.

I have CS2, which is version 9 of Photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Q is the keyboard shortcut to turn and off a the Quick Mask mode. 

-Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q is the keyboard shortcut to turn and off a the Quick Mask mode. 

-Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the quick reply Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Joe 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a way to disable quick mask permantly? I've never used it and find it an annoyance when I accidently engage it. Suddenly nothing works. I'd rather not have it at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks man ! i was about to put my macbook thru my living room window until i got this tip  😜

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANX THIS WAS VERY HELPFUL AND SO SO SIMPLE! I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT I SAID A PRAYER AND THERE YOU WERE WITH THE ANSER!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was driving me nuts. There's no indication that it has come on. I've turned off the keyboard command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thak you so much for the succinct title. That was mildly annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines