Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Selection Tool Problem - Cursor Stuck in Subtract

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

I somehow caused the quick selection tool default to be "on always" in the subtraction (minus - ) position; I am able to access the add (plus +) position by using the shift key , but this causes some problems as those are not the defaults keys for this tool or program for that matter.

Can anyone help?

2Divman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure the tool isn't set to subtract in the options bar. Otherwise, try resetting the tool by right- or control-clicking the blue arrow just to the right of the tool preset (under the blue PS icon in the below screenshot) to reset the tool.

quick-s.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the most likely fix, the other one being a stuck Option key, but then shift might not change the tool back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what the problem was for me, but i just wonder how it got changed in the first place. thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. So many settings. Its easy to get lost in the power of the program when you are new! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same problem, was wondering what I bumped this time. Thanks so much for posting the fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines