Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Can't write new document presets file." Error

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS CC 2022 23.1.0 "Can't write new document presets file."Error

I have talked with Tech support twice and spent hours with them trying various solutions to this problem. They controlled my PC and uninstalled, went back to earlier versions, deleted preferrences, changed various settings, checked permsisions....to no permanent solution.

Generally the issue is not a problem but at certain times the program becomes unresponsive with the tools not fuctioning on an active window. It crops up periodically and, of course, at the worst times.

This started two updates ago and won't go away.

Adobe please address this issue by fixing the software.

Community Member since 2013 using PS since the very first version!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Please have a look at this community conversation and see if it helps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/cc2020-can-t-write-document-presets-f...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but that was not helpful...everyone searches for solutions first but clearly that one wasn't useful. Did you read it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of thoughts:

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Do you have a third party app such as a font manager installed?

It might be worth getting you graphics card checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and ideas

Plenty of excess RAM and hard disk space...

No font manager installed

Graphics card is up to date and working well for all other applications including other image processing applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also recently having this issue, did you find a fix? Any tips much appreciated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe really was not helpful because they are not sure what is really causing that warning. I went back to PS 23.1.0. The warning rarely appears now and when it does it has no affect.

I have continued to upgrade Bridge but not PS. I hope that helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i had the same problem & deleting the "MRU New Doc Sizes.json" file in my Photoshop Preferences folder helped

Delete the "MRU New Doc Sizes.json" file in your P... - Adobe Support Community - 10863435

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue.
I have tried Reset Preferences; Uninstall with KEEP; Reinstall.
I have also tried deleting the / Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings / New Doc Sizes.json
Any further help would be really appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I began getting this message 6 months ago. Read all the things to try here plus had Adobe tech on my system. Did uninstall and all listed above. His final recomendation was to delete my MS account, and do a complete refesh of my Windows 11 system. Not happening, have no desire to go thru the nuclear solution. 

Have a backup Windows 10 system, problem does not occur there using identical software. A friend told me, may have something to do with file permissions but have no idea where to start looking there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines