• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"could not apply the select and mask workspace because the file could not be found"

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open the select and mask tool it gives the error "Could not apply the select and mask workspace because the file could not be found". I also noticed that I cannot select the photography workspace. I am really frustrated, because I need my product to work correctly to edit my photo . Please say there is a fix to this!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

You might uninstall Photoshop and reinstall. Be sure to use the Creative Cloud app to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might uninstall Photoshop and reinstall. Be sure to use the Creative Cloud app to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The safest and best way to uninstall and reinstall is to use the CC Cleaner Tool. Instructions and download link are at Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues: "Could not apply the select and mask workspace because the file could not be found". I also noticed that I cannot select the photography workspace"

I have uninstalled and reinstalled using Creative Cloud.

I am using Windows 10. It is very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the CC Cleaner tool Barbara linked to: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simply copy the files from another photoshop folder from another adobe folder or another PC with the necessary folder and files. (Follow the below steps to copy from a computer and paste on your computer)

Go to C: >users>(computer name)>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>(Adobe Photoshop Version) and paste to Overwrite or just paste the folder there. Thats it. Restart photoshop and the workspace will be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines