• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Could not complete the liquify command because of a disk error" and Photoshop shutting down

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the newest version of Photoshop and it updated 14 days ago. I was using it earlier today with no issues and then suddenly started to get the message, "Could not complete the liquify command because of a disk error." This seems to start after I attempt to use the neural filters "smart portrait." If I exit out of photoshop and reopen it without using neural filter I can go back to using liquify again. I also have run into the issue where while editing in photoshop it just completely shuts down on me with absolutely no warning. I've lost hours of work this way and never know when it's going to suddenly shut down. Just trying to figure out what the issue is. I'm on a PC, have the windows 10 Pro and my graphics card is the NVIDIA geforce gtx 670. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

The GTX670 was release in 2012 and the Direct X feature level is only 11, Photoshop requires a GPU with Direct X 12 support

You could try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2022-11-08 08_21_58-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines