• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Direct X 11.0 available; feature level 12.0 required"

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Photoshop beta on my computer. Every time I open the programme, I get the warning "feature level 11.0 available; feature level 12.0 required". All updates of my graphics card and computer are complete. I still can't understand why I'm getting this warning. I would like you to help.

{Edited the thread by the moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Your GPU does not support DirectX version 12, which is the current requirement. It only supports DirectX 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rieleyjc any of the RTX 20 and 30 range will be fine, they have full DirectX support, if you can go for the RTX 3060, it's reasonably priced and has 8GB of VRAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(oops, wrong Reply-button. See above)

EDIT oh heck, I'll just repost it here where it belongs. The nightmare of infinitely nested replies...

Apparently DirectX version number and DirectX feature level are not necessarily the same thing.

I've been trying to figure this out, but with only limited success so far. I'll let you all know when the lighbulb goes on.

This is the closest I get to an explanation:

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/207598-demystifying-directx-12-support-what-amd-intel-and-nvidia-... 

In any case, GT710 will not do it. The safe bet is the RTX 30-series (and now it seems RTX 40-series is coming to the mainstream market as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem bro If you find the solution don't forget to guide me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-06-05 102602.jpgScreenshot 2023-06-05 102538.jpgScreenshot 2023-06-05 102518.jpgScreenshot 2023-06-05 102443.jpgScreenshot 2023-06-05 102345.jpg  Just Do It And Problem Will Gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adu24811286153t both your GPUs support DirectX 12 so it's not as simple a solution as you post.

Also both your GPU are well underpowered for running current Photoshop. The recommeneded minimum is 2000 ops/sec and your HD530 clocks in under 470 and the GT 730 comes in at 507.

Given your situation you may want to look at upgrading your GPU before continuing to update Photoshop or risk GPU related issues beyond the DirectX 12 requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it's not as simple as that either 😉

If the GPU is fine but it still doesn't work, the problem often turns out to be a conflicting integrated GPU. In that case, disabling the integrated GPU is often the solution.

But then we're getting into the old and underpowered GPUs. Even here, it's complicated.

DirectX 12 support is not in itself enough. That just means it supports the DirectX 12 APIs. But it also needs to have the 12.0 feature level, and that means the actual physical capabilities that the card can perform. A card can conform to the APIs, but still not do everything specified.

So that's why you have cards with DirectX 12 support, but only feature level 11.1. That's not enough.

And then there's the ops/sec parameter. This has been around for a while, and just denotes the general speed of computation.  The way I read it, this is just a general recommendation, not a strict requirement. A while back I had a Nvidia Quadro P620 installed in one machine, and it all worked well even though the ops/sec number was well down in three digits (as far as I remember).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged suggested

@rieleyjc any of the RTX 20 and 30 range will be fine, they have full DirectX support, if you can go for the RTX 3060, it's reasonably priced and has 8GB of VRAM

Can it just replace my GT710 or will the power supply need an upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rieleyjc what power supply do you currently have, it's recommended to have at least a 550W PSU

https://www.msi.com/blog/recommended-psu-table

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that and your earlier answer

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find out just what level your GPU supports by opening Run in Windows, typing in dxdiag, and going to the Display tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'm learning a lot.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also  using the latest version of Photoshop. Although I'm facing some issues don't know why but latest version of photosop is  superb. I hope the issues will resolve soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John30274000unqi are you having the same issues with DirectX 12 or something different? Your post is vague.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@faruqe30346038gzjg the GT 730 only has a feature level of 11, Photoshop requires a GPU with full DirectX 12 support

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/system-requirements.html

2023-06-16 13_41_17-NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 Specs _ TechPowerUp GPU Database — Mozilla Firefox.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be butting in to this thread but if so I appologise. I have the very same problem and have an NVIDIA Quadro K2200 which, using the compatibility tool in PS reports that Directx 12 is supported. This is verified ny The NVIDIA web site. I still get this error message in PS Beta. In the normal release of PS I do not get any error message. I am a user not a techie and do not want to spen £300 or so on a new GPU to find I have the same issue. Help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FWG99 if you're on Windows, type dxdiag in the search bar to open the DirectX Diagnostics Tool, you can check the feature level in the display tab section

2023-06-26 11_25_30-DirectX Diagnostic Tool.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found only 11 and lower! I am forced to ask what is the difference if the GPU supports Directx 12 but apparently only has Features (?) up to 11. Not to technical please!

Sent from Mail<> for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DirectX 12 is a programming interface (a set of APIs).

That is different from what the GPU can actually execute of the complete set of functions specified in the DirectX 12 APIs.

Hence, a card can "support DirectX 12" in the sense that it can address these APIs, it speaks the right language. But it may not be able to actually perform all the functions. 

That is the case here. This is what it means when a card supports DirectX 12, but only at feature level 11.1 or 11.2 or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for the reply. As always one answer generates a dozer questions! Primarily my problem now is to identify a new GPU which not only suppoerts dx 12 but has the FEATURE level of 12. Given that GPU card manufactures do not seem to generally give this information in the specifications how do I find a suitable new GPU? More help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FWG99 modern GPU's will have full DirectX 12 support including feature level 12 and above

A good option would be an RTX 3050, do you know what power supply you have in your system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am showing Feature Levels 12_1, and also DirectX Version 12, but I am still getting that error. Already tried updating and have latest update. 

MrTeshk_0-1689128773152.pngMrTeshk_1-1689128796600.png

Does this mean my GPU can't run Feature Level 12? Is there a GPU I can get for my Dell Inspiron 17-7779? Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody. I am experiencing the exact same problem since the latest update of Photoshop. Updated my windows 11 and my Nvidia Geforce MX110 on my Asus Vivobook 17, but still no luck. All state they support Direct X 12.0 and/or that is is installed. Anybody have any idea on how to solve this? Sincerely, Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@microENVISION the Nvidia Geforce MX110 doe not have full DirectX 12 support, the feature level of that GPU is only 11.0, Photoshop requires a GPU with a feature level of 12 and above

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/system-requirements.html

2023-07-15 12_28_22-NVIDIA GeForce MX110 Specs _ TechPowerUp GPU Database — Mozilla Firefox.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ged. That explains a lot. Learning about htis stuff as we speak. Any ideas on how i can fix this or upgrade it or is it a matter of buying myself a better GPU or uninstalling the latest photoshop update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines