• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Export as" leading to "image is empty"?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a clipping mask as shown to mass export pictures, but the only thing I get is a window telling me that the "Image is empty."

App version - 23.1.0

Platform - Mac OS 12.0.1

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 10.13.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 10.13.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 10.13.20 AM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

I was able to reproduce. Unlock Background layer, promote it to normal by clicking on padlock icon then try again using right click context menu or Layers panel menu > Export As, it will not work using File > Export > Export As from my testing on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dimi-Hokusai 

What happens if you click the eyeball to show one or more of these hidden clipping-mask layers in the Layers panel before exporting?

3689ED70-2044-4564-9AAB-8DDB9FAA1741.jpeg 

19D96B6B-D4B3-4061-AE73-62B5B1CA975A.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jane-e is right, you have hidden layers in the Layers panel. By the way, what is your expectation and what are you trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to create images for all three layers at once at the same time. This works for other files, so I'm not sure why it isn't working here.

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 9.13.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 9.11.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to reproduce. Unlock Background layer, promote it to normal by clicking on padlock icon then try again using right click context menu or Layers panel menu > Export As, it will not work using File > Export > Export As from my testing on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines