• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Render Video" Not Opening | Photoshop CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked fine in all other versions of PS. I did this on PS 2017 a couple days ago before the update. Now I'm unable to export my timeline frame animation. It just loads "initializing video export" up to the middle of the blue loading bar and stops. I left it there all night. Didn't budge. I looked at all the other threads about it on here. Tried changing performance settings. No good. No answers. Please help.

Screenshot 2017-10-25 20.03.46(2).png

Filmmaker . Animator | @KoneeRok

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

What version of Photoshop are you using? Adobe often release version of Photoshop and Update that have new bugs.  Adobe fixes many of these in newer updates. So what bugs are or are not in Photoshop depends on the version of Photoshop you are currently using. There was a recent bug Added CC 2018 that was fixed in the 19.1.1 update.

January 2018 (version 19.1) release

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem on Mac too. I couldn't even render a single frame. Photoshop stuck in "Initializing Video Export" forever.

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 8.41.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me, new 2017 imac 5k + PS CC 18. Any news about that update Pete?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i just installed CC 17 with the cloud app and rendering works like a charm. This is an ok workaround until we get a fix for CC 18 i guess...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem with PS CC 2018 when trying to import a .mov (that was exported from a Live Photo) in Mac OS Sierra.

A workaround that is not great [quality] but can work: open .mov file in Quicktime Player; go to frame that you like; cut and past (in place) to a new file in Photoshop.  Cannot import movie, but at least can extract a frame and edit it. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I figured something out... So I was having the same problem in PhotoShop 19.0.1 - Some of you said to install an older version and try it. So I installed 18.1.2 and the File>Export>Render Video... worked fine in that version. But then I went back to 19 and I clicked that little forward curved arrow in the Timeline Frame... see screen shot.

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.41.16 AM.png

The Render Video window opened instantly - Give that a try before you start adding and deleting users and screwing up your preferences.

P.S. Also, now in PhotoShop 19.0.1 the File>Export>Render Video... works too. The Render Video pane comes up instantly.

Love, Sam S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same to me, no chance to the Render Pop-up. Alwyas stops at round about 50%

Sadly I pay for this software ... why does Adobe not help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop are you using? Adobe often release version of Photoshop and Update that have new bugs.  Adobe fixes many of these in newer updates. So what bugs are or are not in Photoshop depends on the version of Photoshop you are currently using. There was a recent bug Added CC 2018 that was fixed in the 19.1.1 update.

January 2018 (version 19.1) release

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with the latest version.

(on an iMac)

Even the smallest videos will stop at 50%.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-22 um 06.43.14.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-20 um 01.04.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug doesn't appear to be fixed in the newest update, at least not on my system.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.1 20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206  x64

Operating System: Mac OS 10.11.6

I still hang at ~50% when trying to export a video, regardless of file size / complexity.  I've reinstalled CC2017 and the Export Video function still appears to be functional in that version.  Works okay as a temporary workaround, but pretty unacceptable to have a feature like this broken in a new release, especially one that I'm paying yearly for.  I'll give it a go on my PC when I get out of studio to see if it exists there as well. 

I tried this suggested fix as well, but no luck in any results: Photoshop CC 19.1: Video Render Stalls at 50% | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue... I still have yet to find a fix for this. Pretty frustrating when I'm just trying to render a simple video and Photoshop doesn't let me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!  Tried all the things to no avail.  Quite frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue,

Could not complete your request because the DynamicLink Media Server is not available.

I hope this would be fixed soon, cause I get some frustrations!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, the "export render" is stuck and never loads. Very frustrating! Imac Pro 5K and latest Photoshop2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

::SOLVED::  I just got off the phone with Adobe support. We shared screens and went through a lengthy troubleshooting session.

Turns out it's my computer. I have a 15-inch 2017 MacBook Pro, 2.9 GHz wotj 16 GB of memory | Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB.

Went over to my brand new iMac, and managed to export my frames to video with zero issues.

I'll be contacting Apple support now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem in Photoshop CC18 19.1.8, progress bar freeze 50% across!! Saw the post regarding installing CC17 as that was a workaround and render to video worked fine when exporting a frame by frame ani gif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I still have the problem. It wont render .mp4, .mov or .gif anymore since I have updated my laptop. 
I'm running Photoshop version 20.0.7 so it should work..

But it keeps waiting and gets stuck on that once i click 'render'...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also still experiencing this issue. Driving me crazy. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i clicked on render video, i couldn't get any window and it's just loading then nothing.

What i can do plz ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

photoshop 2018 Solved problem quite simply. I think should work with all versions. Iphotoshop click on widows option along top, scroll down to Timeline and open. When opened then go file and Open. Then upload as normal the rendered video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines