• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error - Selected font failed during last operation in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I keep getting this pop up "Selected font failed during last operation. If problem persists, please disable the font." On all fonts Adobe and personal fonts. Not stock fonts.

Here are some things I have tried. 

• Clearing Photoshop Cache
  • Clearing Photoshop CTFont Cache 
  • Uninstalled and re-install all Adobe apps
  • Added my personal fonts to Adobe cloud
  • Uninstalled and re-install all fonts (Through Adobe and manually)

Only in Photoshop. Illustrator still lets me use all the fonts. InDesign does not load the font either instead I get an "OpenType is not available for this font" with red highlight. Is there any way i can reset all font settings or files on a Mac if that's even a thing? I think I have PS 21.1.1 and I am using Mac. 

Thanks!!!

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

I ended up installing the second to latest update and now it works. I'll just wait for the next update.

Also I noticed that most answers included erasing the CTFont Cache but didnt offer a solution in Mac most recent update. This is how I did it although it did not resolve my issue. 

CT FONT CACHE PS 2020 MAC

Finder > Go tab > +Option > Library (look up "how to open hidden Libary folder" for help in Finder) > Application Suport > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop 2020 > CT Font Cache!!

Hope this helps and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi please follow the given method which is already shared by community member hope it helps you....regards

1. Exit Photoshop and the Creative Cloud desktop app (if installed).
  2. Navigate to the appropriate folder
    • Photoshop CS6 and earlier
      Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe
      Windows 7: \Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe
    • Photoshop CC and CC 2014
      Windows 7 and 8: \Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC or CC 2014
  3. Delete the TypeSupport folder (Photoshop CS6 and earlier) or the CT Font Cache folder (Photoshop CC and CC 2014), and empty the trash.
Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I have tried this with no luck. Do you know any other methods? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me.

I'm using PS CC 22.0.0 release, on a Windows 10 computer, version 10.0.18363. This computer was updated recently and I think this is why I'm not able to use the type tool in Photoshop now - I get the "selected font failed during the last operation" message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is my document WONT save. I cant close photoshop to update the cache folders. Im stuck too not being able to save my last set of revisions! Any ideas on how to do this with Photoshop open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg - im in the same boat - this sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either of you ever find a solution to this? I'd really like to not lose my progress. I wish I could even just diagnose the problem font. I can't seem to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same boat here,  the program wouldnt save

disabling and enabling myriad pro fixed it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this just worked for me, thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me thx. but i could not disable it but reinstalling the font worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked Perfectly!! thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.. worked fine for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! Thank you for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up installing the second to latest update and now it works. I'll just wait for the next update.

Also I noticed that most answers included erasing the CTFont Cache but didnt offer a solution in Mac most recent update. This is how I did it although it did not resolve my issue. 

CT FONT CACHE PS 2020 MAC

Finder > Go tab > +Option > Library (look up "how to open hidden Libary folder" for help in Finder) > Application Suport > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop 2020 > CT Font Cache!!

Hope this helps and if ayone has any alternitive sollutions help would be greatly apreceated, I will sitll use outdated version for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I have found the issue...

Adobe writes files and preferences for the Apps into the C:/Programs/Adobe folder... Windows decides to lock down/limit access to these folders for security I am assuming (or your network administrator may be setting a policy). You need to enable full read/write access to this top level Adobe folder (so it will flow through all sub folders in that folder) and give Full Allow rights for the these security groups: SYSTEM, Users, and most importantly CREATOR OWNER.

1. Close Photoshop and Creative Cloud App
  2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe
  3. Right-click the Adobe folder and select 'Preferences'
  4. Click 'Security' tab
  5. Click SYSTEM 
  6. Click 'Full Control' (top option)
  7. Repeat for SYSTEM, Users, Administrator groups
  8. Click OK to apply the changes.
  9. Open Photoshop and the Type iBeam reappeared without the error diaglogue box

If you cannot access these security groups to make changes, you will meed to contact your Adminstrator to make these changes for you. 

Good luck and hope this works for you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved it for me! I was encountering this issue, specifically with the "Futura PT" font. Strangely, it occurred with the "light" version of the font, but not the "light oblique" version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the above remedies (delete cache or allow rights) worked for me. Every single font failed with "Selected font failed during the last operation," for me, then I remembered I had recently installed a "new" font for a project. In reviewing my Windows 10 Font Folder it turns out it was the only Type 1 font installed. Removing it solved the issue. I am not sure if the font was corrupt or PS 22.1.0 20201125.r.94 doesn't like Type 1 fonts. I did find this searching the issue, "Adobe Photoshop will cease support of PostScript Type 1 fonts in 2021. At that time, PostScript Type 1 fonts will no longer be listed in Photoshop's Font menu."

I now have my type iBeam without error again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally after a week of off and on trouble shooting, this was the solution. I opened an old project from a college in InDesign which has some old type 1 fonts that needed to be installed. Bad idea.

It locked up Photoshop with the error message Selected font failed during last operation. Just removed all type 1 fonts and boom, it all works now. Thank you @larryk36637832 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the Type 1 fonts that I just installed fixed my issue also.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the weird issue. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't access any fonts, kept getting the Selected font failed message. None of the above - clearing of the cache, system, etc worked for me. I finally stumbled across a post where they had problems with the Myriad  Pro font. I went to Adobe Fonts in Creative Cloud and downloaded the Myriad Pro font set. That worked. No more message!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my problem as well, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my problem as well, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just disabled Myriad font family from Creative Cloud console.
Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines