• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Sticky" Modifier Keys

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having problems with modifier keys sticking? For example, when you press and hold the option/alt key to use the eyedropper while using a brush 50% of the time it stays on the eye dropper even when you release option/alt key. I'm using a Mac and no, I don't have "Enable Sticky Keys" or "Enable Slow Keys" checked off in Preferences > Accessability > Keyboard.

It started happening after the lastest Photoshop CC 21 update, 22.3.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im experiencing the issue not only in PS but also AI, ID, adobe XD and also on keynote and pages.

im running latest osx on a macbook pro retina (2018), i have latest wacom drivers installed and use a. intuos pro small from 2015.

My macbook has the butterfly keyboard which sucks, and i thought that could be the issue, but i have been using an external keyboard (from apple), the issue with repeating characters from butterfly keyboard using an external keyboard is solved, but the sticky modifiers issue remains (so issue is not related to that crappy keyboard on my macbook)

Hope someone find a solution to this soon, maybe new OSx that is about to come fix it, or maybe makes it worst, who knows 🤷‍:male_sign:

anyhow if issue persist i will consider moving to another design software and eventually other laptop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. I tried to remap one of the keys on my Wacom Intuos to Alt. Sticking is still there, but it seems to appear less often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. I tried to remap one of the keys on my Vacom Intuos to Alt. Sticking is still there, but it seems to appear less often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run MacOS 10.14.6 and seem to have found an easy quick fix to that issue. 

Rather than using my keyboard on bluetooth, I just plugged it in directly into my iMac and I haven't experienced the issue so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try doing that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update, didn't work for me with MacOS 11.5.1 still have keys sticking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im working on a macbook with MacOS 11.5.1 with an external keyboard (plugged via USB) and issue remains when im using my wacom tablet.

My solution so far was move away from wacom and get back to my magic mouse (and use my wacom as mouse pad)...
im considering changing to Huion, but i read in some forums that issue happens with that brand as well, and i dont want to spend money to figure something that must be fixed by Adobe, Apple, Wacom or any other brand...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded newly released software by Wacom, Driver 6.3.44-1 (macOS 10.13 - 11) and so far seems to be working fine on latest MacOS version. No sticky keys issue so far!!! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow I'm preparing to send my Macbook Pro in for servicing because of this issue but it could just be an Adobe issue? I do find my shift key is a bit sticky outside if Photoshop though so maybe it is some debris under the keys or something.

Whatever it is, it's driving me nuts when trying to work in Photoshop. I've also noticed a weird random lag particularlty when using the lasso tool where it won't follow my cursor but will then draw a bunch of crazy straight lines. Sometimes the lag will continue with other tools until Photoshop eventually crashes. I feel like these issues are releated because they all tend to get worse around the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EMartinson make sure that you are running Ps 22.5.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Wacom driver 6.3.44-1 has fixed my "sticky" key issue. gosh i have been suffering this bug since march 2020 when I was forced to update to phtotshop 2020 because 2019 started crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old thread, but I've just encountered this issue as well on the newest PS on OS Ventura. However I do not have any Wacom drivers or devices installed. Anyone have any ideas?

The issue begins whilst I am using PS, and is like the Option key is permanently held down. The issue persists even off of PS after it is triggered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines