Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

random file downloads with photoshop...?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! 

I just wanted to check to make sure this was normal. I have been using adobe programs for years, and recently have been running out of space on my laptop. So I was doing a clear out and noticed that I had a bunch of random files, jpgs, pngs etc that was not my work. I deleted the files, uninstalled and re-installed programs like photoshop, illustrator, indesign and such... and all the files came back? 

I just wanted to see if this is something that is regular, because I asked some of my friends and they are not having these issues. 
I'm just a bit annoyed because it clearly is taking up alot of space on my laptop, and if I don't need them then I don't want them there. 

I've attached a few screenshots of the files... but there is 100s more...

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 2.10.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-30 at 2.10.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-30 at 2.10.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-30 at 2.11.15 PM.png

Let me know what you think... 

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too someone please help 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of this belongs there (custom shapes, lens profiles etc).

It sounds like you really want to clean up your drive. That's a smart thing to do every once in a while! Junk does tend to build up over time.

I'd recommend running the Windows disk cleanup first (now called Storage Sense in the Win 10 settings). It can be surprisingly effective, especially if you try to crank up the settings a bit. But next, an almost indispensable tool for cleanups is WinDirStat, free download:

windirstat.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines