• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Randomly losing pressure sensitivity with Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, let me say that I know this has been brought up before (usually when using Wacom tablets) but has never had a solid fix. I have had this issue on and off with Photoshop with multiple Wacom devices and now a Huion Kamvas Pro 20 (2019). I've also had this issue when using various PCs using different Windows OSs. I believe some people also had this issue on Mac. The only constant there has been between all of this time is that it's always when using Photoshop.

PSbug.jpg

My drivers are up to date. Photoshop CC is on version 21.1.2.

This is very clearly an issue with Photoshop. Some temporary workarounds have been found with Wacom tablets but none with Huion to my knowledge. Maybe someone out there can finally figure out what exactly is causing this and even how to finally fix it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I've uninstalled/reinstalled my wacom driver (Wacom Intuos Medium BT) and still getting no pen pressure in some strokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I guess you mean 21.1.2

Are you using Wintab or Windows Ink in the Wacom drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I fixed the number. Thank you.

I am not using a Wacom tablet. I'm using a Huion Kamvas Pro 20. I have had this issue in the past with multiple Wacom products and now with the Huion Kamvas Pro. Clearly the issue lies somewhere in Photoshop itself. Windows Ink is enabled otherwise I am left without pressure sensitivity completely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a thread with the same problem, but it only came up with the lastest Ps update, 21.1.2.  If I revert to an older version, the pen pressure issues go away, and like you said the pressure sensitivity issues are ONLY in Ps (21.1.2 only for me).  I'm fully up to date on Win 10 Surface Pro 7.

I spent an hour on chat with their useless customer service reps with no resolution.  There have been so many bugs this year, a new one in every version, that I can't help but feel frustrated that we're basically paying them to be their beta testers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue pop up on and off for years across multiple tablets and multiple versions of Windows. They will tell you every time that it is the tablet's fault and you need to contact them. There is even a Feng Zhu video that was posted years ago where he mentions having the issue with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregqrd, I thought you were another user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Photoshop, and this was the first thing I noticed. So frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, really sorry!  It will be fixed in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem for a few versions now, installing an older version did nothing for me, in fact I felt it made the problem worse. I've even wasted time reinstalling everything on my PC including the OS, and talking to customer service. Feels great to pay a subscription for something that actively hinders my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also started to encounter this issue with the 21.1.2 version of Photoshop and I'm using Wacom Tablet (Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch) . This has never happened before and the issue does not persist outside of photoshop so I assume it has to do something with the newest update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, we have a bug on that and fixing ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link opens numerous list of fixes. Which one is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. reinstalled my wacom driver, same issue persists. Very frustrating to the workflow. 😞 it seems theres no fix for it so just gotta ride it out until an update/bug fix? Is there any idea when that might be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some users re-installed CC 2019 as an interim measure.

https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version edition is that? the previous one durectly b4 this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem of random loss of my brush sensitivity. I have updated to the latest version of PS 21.1.3 but it didn't fix it! I'm running the latest Mac Catalina 10.15.4 and my wacom driver is up to date. Any other ideas other than having to reinstall and older version of PS? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cause of this issue (Pressure sensitivity loss on Mac): changing focus away from Photoshop and then back.

Workaround to avoid this or restore sensitivity without relaunch:  If you switch focus back to PS by using the stylus to paint, you'll experience this. Instead, switch focus back to PS via CMD+Tab.
Also, if you run into this, using the eraser end of the stylus will restore pressure sensitivity.

Bug fix for this should be out in the next Photoshop update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this didn't fix the issue for me. I am using PS 21.1.3 on a fully up to date Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@maartenl46045620 Do you have "PSUserConfig.txt" in your Photoshop preferences folder?  I'm wondering if you're using WinTab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have that file, opening it shows this:

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are still existing Photoshop bugs/issues with that in the current release.  If you remove or disable that and make sure Win Ink is enabled in Wacom settings (checkbox in lower left corner of Calibarte tab), you should have full pressure sensitivity back.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my problem. 
Open the Wacom tablet properties and the Pen tab  set the slider for 'Tip Double click distance' to minimum/off..... That whould solve the isssue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines