• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw won't open in Photoshop but will open in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read through some of the threads using key words but I am still stuck.

I can open raw files in Lightroom classic but when I go edit into Photoshop it freezes.  I can very briefly see the preview window attempting to open but then very very quickly disappear, it's literally a flash if you aren't looking you would miss it.  Then photoshop freezes. It won't open up the preview window.  

I have updated camera raw and still an issues.  I have used bridge to import raw files and photoshop does the same thing. Freezes.  I see that maybe I need to update camera raw preferences.  I am attempting to follow the directions regarding turning the grafic processor off but mine says auto, do I need to turn that off?   When I did it didn't fix my problem.  

I guess I am confused why Lightroom can open raw files but photoshop cannot. This has been a problem for me about a week now.

I attached a screenshot, do I need to select off where it states auto?  

Screenshot 2023-01-15 112527.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention I am running windows operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from enterprise and teams>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Camera Raw/PS freezing seems to be an issue facing multiple people with the most recent Photoshop, and I hope the problem is figured out. I know I mentioend it on another user's question epxeriencing similar:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-2023-is-very-slow-compared-...

I'm also experiencing freezing on Windows 10 with any of the 24 releases and had to downgrade to the latest 23 version to be able to function. Resetting preferences, turning off graphics processor for Camera Raw, and ensuring I'm opening with no plugins make no difference. My RAM and CPU are not being maxed out, and when PS freezes it's using only a fraction of what I've allowed it in preferences. So it's not that, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines