Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Quick Actions Not Showing Up

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have photoshop 23.0.0 and am not finding the quick actions in discovery or in the properties.

How do I correct this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

@PlayersPhilFund wrote:

I did not intentionally make it a "Smart Object". I simply dragged the image from my desktop onto the Photoshop page.

Dragging from the Desktop (or Finder or Windows File Explorer) to Photoshop makes it a Smart Object. Dragging from one Photoshop file to another does not. You can right-click it and rasterize it.

If you want to keep it as a SO, double-click the icon to open the .psb, make the edits, then save and close the .psb to return to the .psd.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dawnc20562125 

Do you have the Background layer selected or another layer? 

https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/using-the-enhanced-properties-panel-in-photoshop/

Also, you might to collapse the other sections if your panel is too small.

Share a screenshot if you don't see it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see "Quick Actions" either and I have updated my Photoshop. The Properties selection was toggled. Here is a screenshot.

PPF23532089iv16_0-1658425863504.png

@jane-e 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PlayersPhilFund wrote:

I do not see "Quick Actions" either and I have updated my Photoshop. The Properties selection was toggled. Here is a screenshot.

@jane-e 

Hi Phil,

You will see Quick Actions on the Background layer and pixel layers, not on Smart Object layers like the one you have selected.

Also, notice that you have a scroll bar. If you still don't see Quick Actions when you are on a Background or pixel layer, then either scroll down or resize the panel. Or you can click the disclosure triangle to toggle the other sections and collapse them.

8F226E78-4788-4E0A-A216-06352B6519AA.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, now I see the "Quick Actions" toolbar when I click on the background image layer. So how would I then remove the background on an image layer that is added AFTER the background image? Would this image have to be in its own New Photoshop Document (i.e tab) so I can then remove the background and place it back into the original Photoshop Document (one with the background)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PlayersPhilFund 

You will see Quick Actions on the Background layer and pixel layers. If it's a pixel layer, you should see the command to remove the background.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is considered a "pixel layer"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PlayersPhilFund wrote:

What is considered a "pixel layer"?

Layers that are made up of pixels, or "normal" layers. 

They are NOT:

• adjustment layers
  • masks
  • type layers
  • smart objects
  • effects
  • et cetera

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see a screenshot, which may help in asking my question. How do I remove the background from image of the basketball player? Or can I not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PlayersPhilFund_0-1658439460581.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil,

You will see Quick Actions on the Background layer and on pixel layers, not on Smart Object layers like the one you have selected.

Is there a reason you have made this a Smart Object? If not, you can rasterize it.

46162AA9-2E3B-422D-9205-742ED8912CBA.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not intentionally make it a "Smart Object". I simply dragged the image from my desktop onto the Photoshop page. Should I have the athlete image on its own Photoshop page and then copy/paste it over to the original page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PlayersPhilFund wrote:

I did not intentionally make it a "Smart Object". I simply dragged the image from my desktop onto the Photoshop page.

Dragging from the Desktop (or Finder or Windows File Explorer) to Photoshop makes it a Smart Object. Dragging from one Photoshop file to another does not. You can right-click it and rasterize it.

If you want to keep it as a SO, double-click the icon to open the .psb, make the edits, then save and close the .psb to return to the .psd.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome @Михаил27645121desq 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines