Re: Straightening something inside a photo

New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melissa, how would I best go about "straightening" a necklace in one of my photos?

75BE68D5-27A3-42E7-B8F0-1E5880FEBDA4.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend the following techniques:

1. Duplicate the image layer twice (one layer where you'll remove the necklace, one layer where you'll remove everything but the necklace, and keep the untouched original in case you need it)
  2. Use a combination of Healing Brush, Spot Healing Brush, and/or  Clone Stamp to remove the necklace in the places where it isn't aligned how you'd like
  3. Place the 2nd copy layer above the first copy layer, use the Object Selection tool and Select and Mask to select just the necklace and add a layer mask to hide everything else
  4. Use Free Transform to Skew the necklace

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the clone tool. Use the clone source panel to flip it. It's going to take a bit of work and patience to get it done. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Certified Instructor | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gwen!

Myra and Melissa both have some great tips below. adding to that I have posted some nice youtube videos that may help you out.

This first one will help you remove the necklace as what Myra mentions in her post of duplicating a layer and then removing the necklace form it. This video showcases a tattoo but many of the techniques will work perfectly for your necklace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy0UY7Y1rDE&t

That will be  the most time consuming part of the process.

When you have the necklace isolated on anotehr layer - this video may help you get ti to be oriented back on your subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHB0g2f1YQE&t

Hope those help!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines