• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Type text in a circle photoshop CC [Branched]

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! There is no drop down with "Paths" Shapes" etc. It doesn't exist as an option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jerryb16312610 wrote:

There is no drop down with "Paths" Shapes" etc. It doesn't exist as an option.

Hi

• First: Check to see that you have the Ellipse tool, not the Ellipse Selection tool
  • Second: If you still don't see it, do you have the options bar open (Window menu)
  • Third: Is the options bar set to Narrow, squishing down the width of the tools? (Preferences > Interface > uncheck Enable Narrow Options Bar and restart PS.

If you still don't see it, then show a screen shot.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My eliptical marquee tool is missing options. Specificly, the drop down with shape/path. I only have options like "feather" "anti-alias".... I'm on PS 2015.1.2 on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, figured it out. For anyone else with this problem: You want the Eliptical Tool, NOT the Eliptical Marquee Tool. The tool you want isn't in the toolbox that shows, you have to click the dots at the bottom of your tool menue, look for additional tools, and add it. That was a 3 HOUR rabbit hole, lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jerryb16312610,

You resurrected an old discussion from 2018 that is no longer relevant. I have branched this to a new topic for you. 

Which operating system and version of Photoshop do you have?

See screenshot below.  Do you want text to go around the shape or inside the shape?

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines