• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Receiving message The command "Make" is not currently available

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a variety of actions that use Make -> New: channel At: mask channel Using: reveal all

I am receiving an error message stating The command "Make" is not currently available.  I have a new laptop using Windows 10.  I was previously on Windows 7.  I upgraded to the latest version of Photoshop CC(Release 19.0) however reverting back to previous available versions has made no difference.  I had no issue prior to upgrading my laptop.  I appreciate any help that you can provide.

Thanks

Screenshot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

I figured out the issue.  Inside Layers Palette -> Panel Options, I had to un-check Use Default Masks on Fill Layers.  In Adjustments Palette the Add Mask by Default needs to be checked. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried re-recording that step? I got PS to give me that error if the layer already had a layer mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get this message does the current layer in the document have a layer mask? If it does the message is correct for the layer has a layer mask.  You can not create an additional raster reveal all layer make on a layer that has a mask.  Actions have dependences when these are not meet actions fail.  Command not available is a common error message one gets when a command requirement is missing.

This is a proper error message in the following example.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are a set of actions that I purchased over 3 years ago and have used thousands of times(many other users would have the same actions set).  They have never thrown an error so I am not following how this is now all of the sudden an issue.  The only thing that has changed is the device that I am using, the operating system and the version of Photoshop. I don't have a great working knowledge of building actions at this level so I guess at this point I am looking for advice on how I could change the action set in order to correct and not affect the overall functionality of what the action was trying to accomplish.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ask a very simple question. When that action failed with that error message.  Did the document active layer have a Layer mask..  If the document active layer had a layer mask the action could nor add a reveal all layer mask to the layer for the layer had a layer mask. That would cause the error.  The Action can run on document the layer have nor layer mask.  However if the current target layer has a layer mask when you play the action it will fail.

Action steps may have dependencies.  It is very difficult to craft an action the will always play correctly on every document.  A document in CMYK mode can cause an action created for RGB mode documents to fail.   You may have use the action on thousands of documents.  That is no guarantee that the action will work on all documents.  Conditions can cause Action to fail. An  active selection may cause and action to fail.  A RAW file opened as a smart object layer will cause an action that select the background layer to fail for there is no background layer.  Most actions have dependencies.

I have seen many poor action over the years.   I do not believe that I have ever downloaded an action that I did not edit to make it work better in my workflow.   I would never buy an action they are just a sequence id Photoshop steps.   I only download action to see how other user Photoshop.  Reading other actions can be very educational.

Crafting Actions Package  UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.

Contains

Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the issue.  Inside Layers Palette -> Panel Options, I had to un-check Use Default Masks on Fill Layers.  In Adjustments Palette the Add Mask by Default needs to be checked. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Adobe added some bug in CS4 when they added the Adjustment Panel.  Its fly-out menu Item can brake actions if you change some items from Adobe's default settings. Actions that add Adjustment layers will likely fail one way or another.   I Asked many at Adobe to fix this bug by removing the to bad options from the fly-out menu they act more like Photoshop Preferences. The Problem is Actions and Scripts can not change then or even find out how they are set.   The option may change the way Photoshop behaves where steps will not play the way they were recorded.  However Photoshop does not always work the way the menu Item are set. So if you  have a broken action you can edit it and force it to work.   If there is a selection a layer mask will be addled when the menu item is set not to add a layer mask and  the Adjustment  layer will be clipped if when your record the step using the layer menu and add the clip option in its the pop-up dialog.   I do not know why Adobe chooses not to fix some reported and acknowledge bugs.  I gave up year ago fighting with Adobe I work around the bugs Adobe does not fix.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS, b5photo!!!  It seems to resolve the issue for this project!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the process:

File Menu + Scripts + Script Events Manager+uncheck Enable Events to Run Scripts/ Actions: Its Done!

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't fix the same issue I'm facing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue must be different then. What is your issue?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, it is works like a charm. Onme more thing: the previously recorded actions must be record again with the new layer settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not solve the problem for me unfortunately. Still getting the message "Make is not currently available".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same - what is a step by step for enabling whatever the new "make" command is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the error message is being displayed on your screen. Look at the highlighted Step in the action in the action palette  that is not available expand the step's visibility so you cans see all the steps settings.  Then look at the state of the open document the step is failing on.  What does the step depend on that is not currently available.   What dependency is missing in the document.  Actions have dependencies if they are not meet Action steps will fail to work correctly or may not be available for use something required for the steps execution is missing or wrong. A prior step may not had done something it should  have done like fail to select some pixels or it did somthing that interfeared with the folloing steps execution,

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I know that… I’m asking what specifically people are replacing the
make command with. I know “select” in the new version, but don’t know what
people are doing with “make”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would users want to change the action make step. When they have a problem in the document.    They would create an action for use on a document like the one the current action was not recorded to handle.    The are some new select tool and changes select to selections in newer version of photoshop.   Do you think these additions and and changes require old action make steps to be replaced?.  That Adobe changes broke actione with make steps. Adobe has introdubec sone changes that  cause incocustant action behavior for options in the Adjustment Pallet change steps execurtions.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue today, and I found out it was because I'd accidentally put my document in Quick Mask Mode in the toolbar (square icon with circle inside it). Once i switched to Standard mode, actions worked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the following and it fixed this problem:  I RESET ALL LOCKED SETTINGS in the Brush Settings panel, and I did the following:  Inside Layers Palette -> Panel Options, I had to un-check Use Default Masks on Fill Layers.  In Adjustments Palette the Add Mask by Default needs to be checked. Once I did all of these the process worked without errors.  The resulting image is in watercolor but looks odd, but I believe I will change that now by making changes to the design in the layers panel as the Adobe tutorial suggests.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also fill in the focus area, do not just draw a line around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines