• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recover deleted actions photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so basically I made the dumbest move ever I deleted some actions I created and didn't save another place on pc and I deleted them. Is there any way to recover them please help at least not to lose more time trying

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately it is not possible to recover them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you back your PC up? If so it may be possible to step back to your last back up and recover that way.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you back your PC up? If so it may be possible to step back to your last back up and recover that way.

Dave

By @davescm

Agreed it may be a slim hope...

The Actions Palette.psp file can often be used to migrate the entire panel/palette or to possibly retrieve unsaved actions. This is by no means a replacement for saving each Action Set as an individual .atn file. The location of the Actions Palette.psp file can be found in locations similar to:

Mac:

• /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2022 Settings⁩/Actions Palette.psp

Win:
  • C:\Users\username\appData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings\Actions Palette.psp 

(Replace “username” with your user account name and also replace 2022 with your version name/number. The Windows appData or Mac Library directory may be hidden. You can search the web for how to make hidden folders visible for your OS if this is the case).

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/01/photoshop-custom-action-file-backup.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the action palette.psp what should I do next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the action palette.psp what should I do next?

By @Cori29386136m7b6

Did you find the current one which wouldn't contain the deleted action set/actions... Or do you mean that you found one from a backup created prior to deleting the action set/action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I backup the pc and went to that location where is action palette.psp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the psp file from back up, move it to the location given by Stephen above and rename any psp file already there as xxxxxx.old

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cori29386136m7b6 – Quit Photoshop. Backup the current .psp and replace with the one from the older backup. Restart Photoshop. You may or may not be in luck. Always save action sets/actions to .atn file. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, always save actions as .atn documents to recover in the future. 
Since you didn't, it may still be possible to locate them. Search for Actions Palette.psp ideally before the update! 
Copy Actions Palette.psp from your old backup and replace Actions Palette.psp in your current \Documents and Settings\ folder. May work. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried many programs to recover the action palette file found some but neither were good. I  had quit, I didnt had luck, Lesson learn, thanks everybody for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried many programs to recover the action palette file found some but neither were good. I  had quit, I didnt had luck, Lesson learn, thanks everybody for help

By @Cori29386136m7b6

There is nothing to recover... You just overwrite the existing file with the one from backup. It either works, or it doesn't (which is why you save each set to .atn and backup the current .psp file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines