• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Recreating steps I took to create psd using neural filters?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I recently edited a jpg file using neural filters.  I went through several steps before arriving at the final product.   However I've forgotten "how I got there."  The edit history is blank when I reopen the file.  The file has 3 layers.   Seems like each layer has its own xmp file.   Is there a way to "reverse engineer" the steps I took by looking through the xmp file?  It seems like it does show some settings but not sure if it recorded all of them.    I'm happy to send the psd if it helps.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The edit history is blank when I reopen the file.  

That is as intended. 

If you want a log check out the options under Photoshop > Preferences > History & Content Credentials. 

In the future I recommend you use Smart Filters instead of applying them destructively. 

But just to make sure whether you might have done that already anyways could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines