Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rectangular Marquee not showing selected area

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS5.5, Windows  10

Rectangular Marquee is not showing selected area. It shows the cross where I start selection and the path to where I end selection, but not the actual selected area. When I click Edit, it shows option to "Undo Rectangular Marquee" so PS knows I've done it, but it does not display and I can't do anything with it. Eliptical Marquee words okay, just not Rectangular. Spent days searching forums etc and even phoned Sydney customer support and they can't help. I'm desperate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl h  ?

[EDIT]  Forget that.  I can't make the marching ants turn off prior to making a selection.  Only after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl H only hid my guides, marquee selection still not showing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely someone out there can offer some suggestions including the PS support team. As I said, I've wasted days trying to solve this problem searching various forums as I need to get this artwork finished for customer approval. I've been using PS for so many years I can't even remember how long (since 1991, version 1.?) and never had a problem I couldn't solve until now, so it's gotta be some simple stupid old guy setting somewhere that I've overlooked or somehow done by mistake. Any suggestions from you tech savvy experienced youngsters or help would be muchly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did this change? Did you try to reset preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I can't think of a preference or setting that would do this but when a tool starts behaving strangely I would try the following :

1. Reset the tool

Click on the marquee tool then in the options bar click as shown

2. If that doesn't work reset the preferences and restart Photoshop

In preferences - General :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines