• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red spots in photos when I export

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem that I hope I can get help with here.

I don’t use photoshop that much anymore, as I edit most of my photos in Lightroom. I mostly use Photoshop when I need to remove or censor something. Most recently at my project WOMANKIND where I have to censor nudety for Instagram.

The problem then arises when I export - then the colors change. I really do not understand it, because I open the image directly from Lightroom under "edit in photoshop", and export in jpg format with the same color profile. Still, these red stains are everywhere in the picture.

I have tried changing to cmyk but it makes no difference.

Does anyone know the answer to the probably simple problem?

Thank you in advance 🙂

(image 1 is (poorly) censored in Instagram, but has the correct color profile. Image 2 has been exported from photoshop).

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

This is banding/blockiness caused by jpg compression.

You need to export with a much higher quality setting. This will result in a larger file size, but that's how jpg compression works. The first image you posted is 600 kb, the second is 320.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand it's someone's requirement but if they were men you would had to cover their nip ples too?

Loll it disallowed me to use the one before last word as a whole so I had to put the space in middle 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is banding/blockiness caused by jpg compression.

You need to export with a much higher quality setting. This will result in a larger file size, but that's how jpg compression works. The first image you posted is 600 kb, the second is 320.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, this is compression as explained above. Also, NEVER convert from RGB to CMYK. You are throwing away color data that you will never get back.  For your described workflow, always stay in RGB (or sRGB) color mode and the highest file size you are allowed to post and you should not have any issues as you have sharred.

Good luck,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines