• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refine edge brush not working on macOS with PS 24.0.0

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded PS on my mac to 24.0. My macOS is Big Sur 11.7.1.  As a result of the upgrade the refine edge brush on select and mask no longer works as it did in previous PS versions. The "decontaminate colors" box in the output settings doesn't work either. Is there a fix for this? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. May I ask what precise issue the Refine Edge brush is doing? When I went to test this, I realized I'd acidentally been focused on the wrong layer- one that already had a mask, yet the Refine Edge brush worked fine. As it did when I readjusted my focus to the correct layer.
But, Decontaminate Colors was OFF, when I was on the wrong layer, and when I switched to the correct, original, unmasked layer, Decontaminate was just fine...

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's difficult to accurately describe what the brush was doing, but a friend suggested reloading an older version of photoshop, which I did. So I reloaded photoshop V 22 and the brush as well as select & mask worked fine. So evidently macOS Big Sur 11.7.1  or some other program issue was not compatible with photoshop V 24.0. I just bought a new mac book pro so I'm hoping it will be compatible with all of photoshop V 24 's functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines