• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstalling CS6 on Windows 10 x64

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to re-install CS6 on a new installation of Windows 10.

I last installed it 18 months ago without a problem.

This time, when I'm asked for the serial number, I get a message saying that it's a recognized product key and to choose a qualifying product from the dropdown menu.

But, CS6 isn't listed in the dropdown menu. Lots of older versions are, including CS6 Extended.

What can I do?

Help, please.

Many thanks.

Denis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

If your CS6 perpetual serial is for and upgrade from CS5.  CS5 must be on you machine or you will need to supply  your CS6 serial number and your CS5 serials number when installing CS6.    You also need to install the CS6 Updates and ACR 9.1.1 which you can download from Adobe's site. Your CS5 serial should be listed in your accounts products.  That how it worked in the Past however I have not installed CS6 lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your CS6 perpetual serial is for and upgrade from CS5.  CS5 must be on you machine or you will need to supply  your CS6 serial number and your CS5 serials number when installing CS6.    You also need to install the CS6 Updates and ACR 9.1.1 which you can download from Adobe's site. Your CS5 serial should be listed in your accounts products.  That how it worked in the Past however I have not installed CS6 lately.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the quick reply.

I have no recollection of it being upgrade software, nor do I recall having to install CS5 18 months ago (when I built this computer and installed all my software). It just says Photoshop CS6 on the box.

Isn't it odd that other versions are listed in the drop-down menu, but not mine?

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Denis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a serial number for CS6 the installer would not be looking for a qualifying product like CS5 suite or Photoshop CS5.  Make sure you entered you CS6 serial correctly.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again.

1. I insert the CD.

2. Run the installer.

3. Accept the license agreement.

4. Key in product key. It's on the packaging that contains the CD. It's been sitting on a shelf since the day I bought it. At different times, I've had it on two other computers.

5. The code is definitely correct.

6. Next dialog says, "Serial number you provided is valid, but a qualifying product could not be found on this computer. To use this serial number, you must own one of these qualifying products. Please choose the one you own and enter its serial number." CS3/4/5/6 are mentioned in Extended versions and 3/4/5 in regular versions. But, not CS6!!!

I know that this box and CD have never been apart.

Help, please.

Thanks.

D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorted!

Yes, it was an upgrade version and I no longer have CS5 CD.

So, Adobe accessed my machine remotely and installed it. They still have my CS5 product code.

Great service!

Thanks.

D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your CS5 serial should be listed in your products on Adobe.com like I posted mine

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’ve already entered your serial, correct? It discovers this is an upgrade serial and is now asking for the OTHER OLDER serial you upgraded from, that qualifies you to upgrade. It’s the only time “qualifying product” is used, and so it will NEVER show the current product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines