• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove all Shadows and Highlights ?

Advisor ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I remove even the smallest of highlights and shadows in an image ? I have an image which I suspect has some highlights and I want to remove all of the highlights in the image, including shadows.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

If you removed all shadows and highlights then you would end up with a 50% greycard, so it may be better to explain what you are after by using an example image.

That said for use in 3D applications there are tools to de- light an image so that all lighting effects are removed and the basic surface colour information can be extracted to use in the Base Color of a 3D material. I am not aware of tools to do that in Photoshop but Adobe Substance Designer and Adobe Substance Alchemist can both do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post your edited image so we can see what you really wanted to do? If it can be shown and explained, it would help when other users search the archives.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turned out, my original way of acheiving this was not going to work. The solution is just to take the parts of the image I want; using clone stamp and content aware fill, worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to remove all shadows and highlights from this image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines