• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove emoji

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi good evening I wanted to ask since I'm not an expert in the sector, if adobephotoshop and the apps it includes can help me with my problem, practically I have a video in which there are 2 emojis covering the face and I would like to delete them how can I do? since the app acts only on images, would it also work by taking a screenshot of the video?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Video files, such as mp4, are single layer i.e. there is no image information 'behind' something on the screen just as there is no information behind an emoji on a single layer still image such as a jpeg.

So unless your image is a project file from a video editor with multiple layers of video intact, taking out the emoji would not reveal anything.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if there is a way, can someone explain to me how please? I have never used such programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video files, such as mp4, are single layer i.e. there is no image information 'behind' something on the screen just as there is no information behind an emoji on a single layer still image such as a jpeg.

So unless your image is a project file from a video editor with multiple layers of video intact, taking out the emoji would not reveal anything.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok dave, do you know some way to maybe act on the video? instead of on the screenshot? or anything else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me explain better, from a video that I didn't create and was uploaded by a person unknown to me, who however has his face covered by this very nice emoji in the video, I wanted to understand if there is a way to see the face behind the emoji

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer - no.

Removing the emoji would just leave a blank area, and would not reveal what was originally behind it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this impossible for Photoshop and also for any other graphics program on the market? thank you very much anyway Dave you have been very kind regards Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @davescm said, you can mask/blur the emojis but nothing can recover what was previously under them. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is impossible for any application.

When an emoji was added to the video it replaced the image information previously in that spot. So the old image has not been covered in that area, it has been replaced. That is why the old information at that spot cannot be restored.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you very much for it ☺️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot_20240521-205554.jpg

 imoji ridom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines