• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove image from frame tool frame

Participant ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The internet does not seem to have an answer to this question so I thought I'd post it here.

In Photoshop, once you create a frame using the Frame Tool, and you place an image in it, how do you clear or "empty" the frame so you keep the frame with no image in it, like it was when the frame was originaly created (empty)?

I am aware that once you place an image, you can right click the frame layer and select Remove Frame from Layer, but I what I need most usually is the reverse: Remove Layer from Frame or Remove Frame Contents.

This is because sometimes I create template files that I use over time to create mockups, but I would like the template to be clean, without any images. I find that right now, in order to achieve this, since I cannot empty a created frame, I have to take note of its exact size and coordinates, delete it, and then recreate it to the exact dimensions and placement.

Is that the only way?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022
  1. Select the placed image in the Layers Panel (don't select the frame). Notice the heavy white border around the image thumbnail in the Layers Panel, indicating the image is selected..
  2. Press Delete.

Voila!

Image is selectedImage is selected

After pressing "Delete"After pressing "Delete"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a quick diagram to illustrate what I am trying to do - empty a populated frame.

ps_empty_frame.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Select the placed image in the Layers Panel (don't select the frame). Notice the heavy white border around the image thumbnail in the Layers Panel, indicating the image is selected..
  2. Press Delete.

Voila!

Image is selectedImage is selected

After pressing "Delete"After pressing "Delete"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that works! I tried pressing Delete and Backspace before posting, but I think I had just the frame selected instead of just the placed image.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines