• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Tool Doesn't Work

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2024 Aug 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Photoshop 25.11.0 on Mac Big Sur. The Remove Tool is present in my toolbar, but when I select it, instead of a brush icon, I get the universal "NO" icon... a circle with a diagonal slash. See attachment.Icon.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would need to see the entire workspace with the layers panel open. Cmd-Shift-3 will produce a Fullscreen snapshot file on the Mac Desktop which you can then upload in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go...

Screen Shot 2024-08-24 at 2.00.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Layer you are on is invisible because you unclicked the eyeball next to it, and that is why you see the prohibited symbol. You can choose a visible layer and if need be, checkmark "sample all layers" in the top options bar. I guess you have that layer turned off for a reason.

Also I uncheck "remove after each stroke". That way if an item needs more than one stroke to cover it, I can do that before clicking "apply".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, how I wish it was that simple!! Here it is with the visibility turned on. Sorry about my stupidity....Layer Turned On.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try selecting  the bottom layer and go to the Option bar at the top, just under the menu. Checkmark "Sample all Layers."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No good. Btw, I've tried all of that already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting the invisible layer?

The Error message suggests deleting the old layer and recreating a new one:

Screen Shot 2024-08-24 at 12.46.21 PM.png

Also you can open a blank file Cmd-n and see if the remove tool works. Might also try resetting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a new blank document...IMG_8553.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be my Mac OS, which is Big Sur. Will the Remove Tool work in Big Sur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Monterey, so I can't answer that. And I'm reluctant to tell you what to do to your system, although I suspect Big Sur is getting obsolete and you might want to upgrade.

However you can go into Preferences > Image Processing and adjust the Remove Tool  to "More Stable."

Screen Shot 2024-08-24 at 1.04.36 PM.png

Photoshop 2023 also has the Remove Tool and you are free to install and run it alongside 2024 and see if that works better with Big Sur.

Go into your Creative Cloud Desktop App choose Photoshop and fom the 3 dot menu, Other versions.

Screen Shot 2024-08-24 at 1.11.07 PM.png

At this point, I'm at the "do no harm" stage and I would like to leave further advice to the better Mac minds here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running PS 2023 just this morning, then decided to upgrade to 2024. The Remove Tool didn't work in either version. I appreciate and thank you for all of your help though 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem to indicate here that macOS Monterey 12.6.3 or later is required

under

Recommended/Minimum hardware environment for Remove tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/retouching-repairing-images.html?x-product=Helpx%2F1.0.0&x-p...

Adobe should put these kind of limitations on the Photoshop System Requirements page.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Jeff. I just checked my Creative Cloud App to make sure that the Remove Tool Add-Ons were installed, and they were. Here's a screen shot of what's under my hood....Screen Shot 2024-08-24 at 5.54.36 PM.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again, Jeff. Looks like an upgrade is in my future 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines