• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing Grid From Photo Or Drawing

Explorer ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a graphite drawing on paper using a grid that you drew on the same paper, how can you remove the grid in Photoshop and refill the gaps from where the grid was at? In general, how can you remove a grid embedded in a scanned image of a drawing or photo in Photoshop? And how do you refill the gaps or missing details after the removal of the grid? Also, what if the grid is very light, very dark or mixed colors? And what if the grid lines are very thin?Please show visual examples of your solutions. Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to remember the exact term for those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a start would be to try applying a b&w adjustment layer, with the blend mode set to luminosity, then increase all the colors to attempt to make them white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gregn29157636 wrote:

"If you create a graphite drawing on paper using a grid that you drew on the same paper, how can you remove the grid in Photoshop and refill the gaps from where the grid was at? ... Please show visual examples of your solutions. Thank you."

The answer is: it depends on the specifics which we have not been shown.

@gregn29157636 wrote:

"Please show visual examples of your solutions. Thank you."

"And I can't make any new drawings to illustrate what I am talking about because I don't have the time. I have a job and personal projects with deadlines."

Greg, did you really mean to say that you want the volunteers on this forum to show visual examples of our "solutions" when you do not have the time to show a visual example of the problem you are having?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, exactly what they were saying. /eyeroll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read through this thread with disbelief. gregn29157636 seems to be "too busy" to provide even a small section of an example so that folk can try help, but expects others to provide examples for him to use.

Cloning, healing, making an image of the grid before drawing to use as a mask, using a coloured grid then adjusting it with channels may all be appropriate. I will try and help further if/when I see an image to help with.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why would even consider making a grid using the same pencil that you're drawing on top of it with? There are so many different ways to do this, but you've chosen the most difficult one to fix. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you managed to progess sufficiently with the drawings that you can post something meaningful? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's going to take months to finish the drawings. The drawings have a lot of detail. So, no. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To meaningfully discuss this issue they do not need to be finished, though, do they? 

Edit: They do not need to be complete, either; a section containing a meaningful part of the grid and at least some of the drawing would already seem useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are my drawings. I do not want to show any part of my work. No matter how big or small. That's just it. I presented the issue and I will look into the different solutions that people have suggested in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you want people on this forum to put effort into showing you "visual examples" of solutions but you are not willing even to make a few marks on paper to demonstrate what you are starting with. Sorry but I'm out.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overlooking the issues of manners and resonability for now …

I would recommend that you make sure you have an efficient method of removing the grid ready before progressing with the artwork much further. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been to a few art exhibits and chatted with a few artists. Techniques for guides are non-photo blue pencils, or just inking over the pencil lines with waterproof ink and erasing the "pencils" with a kneaded rubber eraser. An art teacher should help you fine-tune things, or YouTube should have excellent tutorials.
Photoshop comes in handy if you want to trace on to a separate layer using a Wacom tablet and any of the many pencil brushes provided by Photoshop and third parties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines