Render 3D

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I trying make logo 3D similar to the one in this youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3bEF0PHR00

On minute 3:36 you can see that his background is grey. But, i don't understand, my background is white, why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally when you create objects, there is no background making it easy to overlay on an Image. Because the background is transparent you will see white when rendering.

Create a new layer in the layers panel, fill with any color including grey then move that layer below the 3d layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is an example of what I mentioned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of things around that point which the video does not make entirely clear and therefore may be throwing you.

1. On the video he makes the background into a separate 3D postcard layer but before rendering he merges the 3D layers (text and background postcard) into one. This means the lighting interacts.  Use menu item 3D -Merge 3D layers.

2. He does not show the environment lighting.

Try something like this and you should get the effect you want:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines