• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering Video in Photoshop - Bad Quality

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to render a cinemagraph which consists of a still image and a video. Both of them are high quality and look good to start with. After combining them in photoshop and rendering to video, the video quality is horrible.

How can I keep the initial quality of the image and video and still render to .mp4 format?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

I got it figured out... exported it using QuickTime Format... then re-rendered the 5+ GB MOV file to mp4 in Premiere Pro... the quality came out way better.

I still don't understand why the poor quality of video using Photoshop to Render to the same file format...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like you opened that image in Lightroom and sent it to Photoshop... that wont work well because the colour types are different i.e, to what colour the vid uses

Q; why use Photoshop instead of After Effects or prem-pro?

I would open edit and rasterize the image in Photoshop (at the correct size | dpi) first before trying to add the vid

then I would rendor the vid (by itself) to see how it comes out... only then would I add the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still new to cinemagraphs so don't know the best approach to combine vids and stills...

The video is an animated still (using Plotograph Pro) and image is already a processed jpeg...

I tried to combined in premier pro but having trouble opening the video from plotograph with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video size shows it is ~4K Which means you should get a great quality when exporting.

which video player did you use to playback the final video?

does the quality look the same on quicktime player?

have you tried to change the format from H.264 to quicktime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it figured out... exported it using QuickTime Format... then re-rendered the 5+ GB MOV file to mp4 in Premiere Pro... the quality came out way better.

I still don't understand why the poor quality of video using Photoshop to Render to the same file format...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great... the right tool for the right job would be my guess, anyway well done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines