Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize Artwork to fit Frame

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I'm a total newbie so please forgive my confusion. 
have two images I need to fit in a 7.5 square frame.

One is 2400 x 3000. I have Adobe apps on iMac and iPad.

Thanks for your indulgence

Mary

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mame4454 you can use the Crop tool set to specific sizes or aspect ratios to crop or resize your image to fit.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/crop-straighten-photos.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One is 2400 x 3000. I have Adobe apps on iMac and iPad.

Mary

By @mame4454

Hi Mary, 

Do you have Adobe InDesign on your iMac? If so, it has "fit to frame". Photoshop does not, but there are workarounds.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/frames-objects.html

When you try to fit a rectangular image into a square frame, your choices are to crop or distort.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it is not easy solution it may be worth for someone to introduce Image > Variables > Pixel Replacement > Method Fit in Photoshop. This is automated option to fit image automaticaly to pixel based frame, although it can be and vector shape.

When using so called data driven graphics you can skip complicated setups and load or place single image.

fit to frame.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One easy way to do this is to create a 7.5 inch square canvas, create two frames, and drop the two images into the two frames. But jane-e pointed out an important problem that you have: The image you described, at 2400 x 3000, is not square, so how exactly do you plan to fit both photos in the 7.5 inch square canvas? You must first understand how you want to compose these two images before you can set it up.

For example, in the Photoshop example demo below, I add a 2400 x 3000 px image to a 7.5 inch square canvas, but you can see the problem right away: The proportions of the 2400 x 3000 px image are too “fat” to fit in half of a square. How do you plan to resolve this? Do you want to crop out parts of both images, overlap the images without cropping them, or did you have something else in mind? If you have a sketch of the arrangement you are planning, you can post that, and then we can figure out how to get it done.

mame4454 7.5 in frame.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines